[build] building aoo on windows

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[build] building aoo on windows

Ante Lausic
Hi all,

I'm new to this project and I'm trying to build AOO on windows. I can
see that there are instructions how to do it on the web but
instructions are mentioning old version of Visual Studio to use.

So my question is can I build AOO on windows with Visual Studio 2019?
Also I would like to update build instructions to capture newer
version of Visual Studio if that's possible.

Thanks for your response

Kind regards,
Ante

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [build] building aoo on windows

Peter Kovacs-4
Hi Ante,


Do you mean this build guide?

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) is a
library package.

We can not use a newer library package. Windows builds are still stuck
in Bit32, too. Further code changes are needed. Some Volunteers (Damjan,
George) started the update. But I think the fixes made only partly to
the published code. Maybe Damjan and George can help with details? Maybe
we can try another attempt to make further steps?

Matthias can help with obtaining the old libarary package if the given
link is not working.


Just in case I understood it wrong:

The IDE (Independant of manufacturer) can only be of partial use. We
have a mechanism (code generator?) that makes Javaclasses known and
usable in C++. The IDE does not know how to make the link without
OpenOffice customized extensions.

I plan to write a netbeans extension.


All the Best

Peter


On 26.09.19 12:51, Ante Lausic wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this project and I'm trying to build AOO on windows. I can
> see that there are instructions how to do it on the web but
> instructions are mentioning old version of Visual Studio to use.
>
> So my question is can I build AOO on windows with Visual Studio 2019?
> Also I would like to update build instructions to capture newer
> version of Visual Studio if that's possible.
>
> Thanks for your response
>
> Kind regards,
> Ante
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [build] building aoo on windows

Ante Lausic
Hi Peter,

thank you for your reply. Yes I was referring to that guide.
Basically, I have visual studio 2019 installed on my computer and I
wanted to use its C++ compiler (--with-cl-home option in
configuration). Unfortunately it seems that folder structure has
changed in recent VS versions so that is causing problems.
I understand that I can't use VS for development.

Regards,
Ante

čet, 26. ruj 2019. u 18:00 Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> napisao je:

>
> Hi Ante,
>
>
> Do you mean this build guide?
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows
>
> The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) is a
> library package.
>
> We can not use a newer library package. Windows builds are still stuck
> in Bit32, too. Further code changes are needed. Some Volunteers (Damjan,
> George) started the update. But I think the fixes made only partly to
> the published code. Maybe Damjan and George can help with details? Maybe
> we can try another attempt to make further steps?
>
> Matthias can help with obtaining the old libarary package if the given
> link is not working.
>
>
> Just in case I understood it wrong:
>
> The IDE (Independant of manufacturer) can only be of partial use. We
> have a mechanism (code generator?) that makes Javaclasses known and
> usable in C++. The IDE does not know how to make the link without
> OpenOffice customized extensions.
>
> I plan to write a netbeans extension.
>
>
> All the Best
>
> Peter
>
>
> On 26.09.19 12:51, Ante Lausic wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm new to this project and I'm trying to build AOO on windows. I can
> > see that there are instructions how to do it on the web but
> > instructions are mentioning old version of Visual Studio to use.
> >
> > So my question is can I build AOO on windows with Visual Studio 2019?
> > Also I would like to update build instructions to capture newer
> > version of Visual Studio if that's possible.
> >
> > Thanks for your response
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Ante
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >



--
Srdačan pozdrav / Best regards,

Ante Laušić
Direktor

Laušić konzalting d.o.o
Abramovićeva 3, HR-10000 Zagreb, Hrvatska

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [build] building aoo on windows

Matthias Seidel
Hi Ante,

Am 27.09.19 um 15:29 schrieb Ante Lausic:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thank you for your reply. Yes I was referring to that guide.
> Basically, I have visual studio 2019 installed on my computer and I
> wanted to use its C++ compiler (--with-cl-home option in
> configuration). Unfortunately it seems that folder structure has
> changed in recent VS versions so that is causing problems.
> I understand that I can't use VS for development.

If you are still in need MSVC 2008 just drop me a line...
I am not sure if it can be installed parallel to VS 2019 so you might
need a dedicated machine (VM) for AOO development.

You can always download my test builds for Windows:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/

The build environment is documented in ReadMe.txt.

Regards,

   Matthias

>
> Regards,
> Ante
>
> čet, 26. ruj 2019. u 18:00 Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> napisao je:
>> Hi Ante,
>>
>>
>> Do you mean this build guide?
>>
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows
>>
>> The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) is a
>> library package.
>>
>> We can not use a newer library package. Windows builds are still stuck
>> in Bit32, too. Further code changes are needed. Some Volunteers (Damjan,
>> George) started the update. But I think the fixes made only partly to
>> the published code. Maybe Damjan and George can help with details? Maybe
>> we can try another attempt to make further steps?
>>
>> Matthias can help with obtaining the old libarary package if the given
>> link is not working.
>>
>>
>> Just in case I understood it wrong:
>>
>> The IDE (Independant of manufacturer) can only be of partial use. We
>> have a mechanism (code generator?) that makes Javaclasses known and
>> usable in C++. The IDE does not know how to make the link without
>> OpenOffice customized extensions.
>>
>> I plan to write a netbeans extension.
>>
>>
>> All the Best
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>
>> On 26.09.19 12:51, Ante Lausic wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm new to this project and I'm trying to build AOO on windows. I can
>>> see that there are instructions how to do it on the web but
>>> instructions are mentioning old version of Visual Studio to use.
>>>
>>> So my question is can I build AOO on windows with Visual Studio 2019?
>>> Also I would like to update build instructions to capture newer
>>> version of Visual Studio if that's possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your response
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Ante
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment