bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Robert Black-2
Hello

This is a continuation of the "bundling of dictionaries in upcoming
OpenOffice.org versions<http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=2130505>"
thread but you probably don't need to revisit that because there is no
specific references.

My goal is to have the English(Australia) dictionary included in the next
OOo release.  I am just trying to gather information on what is required to
make that possible. I am working with the author (dnwilson) of the
Australian English dictionary extension, so we pretty much have all the data
and files ready (it is currently available as an extension).

Should I get SSH access to the SVN?  From reading this mailing list I read
that we need an Issue to get a public key.  We have that here:
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=94562.

I noticed from looking in \\SVN\trunk\dictionaries\ that each language, and
locale, has it's own subfolder.  However on my OOv3.0.0 installation, the
standard dictionaries (EN, FR, ES) that were installed with Open Office are
added as extensions (and the actual extension files are also included).  The
standard English dictionary extension includes US, UK and ZA (South Africa)
locales.  I believe the English(Australia) dictionary should be in this
package.

Do we just need to make a subfolder and add the relevant files?  If so,
please advise me on access etc.

Thank you
Robert Black
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Goran Rakic
У нед, 23. 11 2008. у 23:16 +1000, Robert Black пише:

>
> Do we just need to make a subfolder and add the relevant files?  If so,
> please advise me on access etc.
>
> Thank you
> Robert Black

You are right. You have to add this folder and extension will be build
out from it.

Than you have to change some additional files to have you extension
associated with en-AU builds and registered during installation
(otherwise it will be just copied, but not visible in OOo after
installation).

Please look at http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=96422
for example. I believe that opening an issue is enough, and that you
don't need SVN account, but I may be wrong.

I don't know if I am correct, but it seems to me that integrated
dictionaries can not be updated via Package manager. If somebody knows
how to do that, I would appreciate any info.


Regards,
Goran Rakic
OpenOffice.org Serbian
native-lang project lead



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Robert Black-2
Thanks for your wonderful help Goran, in particular pointing out that a
number of files from the Installation project will need to be modified.

These changes do not look too difficult, and if the good people at Sun were
able to give me some small guidance on this task it seems like I could make
the changes directly.  In that case I would then be able to make the
necessary additions/modifications for your dictionary (and others that are
waiting) as well.  Anyway, let's wait and see what they say in regard to
this proposal.

Regards
Robert Black


2008/11/24 Goran Rakic <[hidden email]>

> У нед, 23. 11 2008. у 23:16 +1000, Robert Black пише:
>
> >
> > Do we just need to make a subfolder and add the relevant files?  If so,
> > please advise me on access etc.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Robert Black
>
> You are right. You have to add this folder and extension will be build
> out from it.
>
> Than you have to change some additional files to have you extension
> associated with en-AU builds and registered during installation
> (otherwise it will be just copied, but not visible in OOo after
> installation).
>
> Please look at http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=96422
> for example. I believe that opening an issue is enough, and that you
> don't need SVN account, but I may be wrong.
>
> I don't know if I am correct, but it seems to me that integrated
> dictionaries can not be updated via Package manager. If somebody knows
> how to do that, I would appreciate any info.
>
>
> Regards,
> Goran Rakic
> OpenOffice.org Serbian
> native-lang project lead
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Olivier R.-2
Hello Goran,

Goran Rakic a écrit:

> I don't know if I am correct, but it seems to me that integrated
> dictionaries can not be updated via Package manager. If somebody knows
> how to do that, I would appreciate any info.

Integrated dictionaries can be updated via the package manager.
We asked that the integrated French dictionaries extension had the same
identifier than the one provided on the extensions site.

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=91426

Note that it necessary to remove licence dialog at installation of
integrated extensions. I don't know if they differ in another way.
The old extension have been replaced by the new one, since I updated it
via the package manager. ;)

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/french-dictionary-classic-reform1990

Regards,
Olivier

--

== N'écrivez pas à cette adresse. Réservée aux listes de discussion. ==
** Do not reply at this address. Mailing-list only. **

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Mathias Bauer
In reply to this post by Robert Black-2
Hi Robert,

Robert Black wrote:

> Thanks for your wonderful help Goran, in particular pointing out that a
> number of files from the Installation project will need to be modified.
>
> These changes do not look too difficult, and if the good people at Sun were
> able to give me some small guidance on this task it seems like I could make
> the changes directly.  In that case I would then be able to make the
> necessary additions/modifications for your dictionary (and others that are
> waiting) as well.  Anyway, let's wait and see what they say in regard to
> this proposal.

If you create an issue, assign it to me (mba) and attach the necessary
files to it, I will add them to our english dictionary extension. It
will become part of the 3.1 release. I'm currently fixing some
dictionaries anyway.

Regards,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Goran Rakic
У пон, 24. 11 2008. у 09:29 +0100, Mathias Bauer пише:

> If you create an issue, assign it to me (mba) and attach the necessary
> files to it, I will add them to our english dictionary extension.

Hi Mathias,

I did the same for http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=96422
Please reassign if it need different contact.

Regards,
Goran



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Robert Black-2
Mathias,

Thanks for your response and that would be wonderful if you could do that.
The author of the English(Australian) dictionary has an issue already, but I
know he is currently working on his latest update to the extension.
Hopefully he can attach them to his issue, assign it to you, and notify you
on this mailing list within the next few days.

Thank you.
Robert Black





2008/11/24 Goran Rakic <[hidden email]>

> У пон, 24. 11 2008. у 09:29 +0100, Mathias Bauer пише:
>
> > If you create an issue, assign it to me (mba) and attach the necessary
> > files to it, I will add them to our english dictionary extension.
>
> Hi Mathias,
>
> I did the same for http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=96422
> Please reassign if it need different contact.
>
> Regards,
> Goran
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bundling of dictionaries in upcoming OpenOffice.org versions (part2)

Mathias Bauer
Hi Robert,

Robert Black wrote:

> Mathias,
>
> Thanks for your response and that would be wonderful if you could do that.
> The author of the English(Australian) dictionary has an issue already, but I
> know he is currently working on his latest update to the extension.
> Hopefully he can attach them to his issue, assign it to you, and notify you
> on this mailing list within the next few days.

Excellent! So I will wait for the updated and reassigned issue.

Regards,
Mathias

--
Mathias Bauer (mba) - Project Lead OpenOffice.org Writer
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".
I use it for the OOo lists and only rarely read other mails sent to it.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]