cairo canvas and starsymbol vs opensymbol

cairo canvas and starsymbol vs opensymbol

Yuri Dario-2
Hi,

while working at cairo graphics support for OS/2 (see #127723), I
discovered the existence of StarSymbol font: this font is used to
render bullets in Impress but while VCL uses OpenSymbol to render it,
cairo canvas uses StarSymbol which is normally not installed (even on
other platforms I see).

I suppose it is mapped somewhere but I can't find how/where.

Could you help?

TIA,

Yuri

Re: cairo canvas and starsymbol vs opensymbol

Matthias Seidel
Hi Yuri,

A quick search with OpenGrok give a lot of references to "StarSymbol":
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?project=aoo-trunk&q=StarSymbol&defs=&refs=&path=%2Fmain&hist=&type=

I think that font was only installed with StarOffice...

Regards,

   Matthias

P.S.: Will you be in the IRC Speakup this evening?
http://www.os2voice.org/news/48719.html

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: cairo canvas and starsymbol vs opensymbol

Yuri Dario-2
Hi Mattias,

> A quick search with OpenGrok give a lot of references to
>"StarSymbol":

yeah, I found the same. So I think somewhere it is mapped to
OpenSymbol but opengrok doesn't help me.

> P.S.: Will you be in the IRC Speakup this evening?
> http://www.os2voice.org/news/48719.html

mostly :-)

thanks,

Yuri

--
Bye,

        Yuri Dario

Am 03.03.2018 um 16:48 schrieb Yuri Dario:
> Hi Mattias,
>
>> A quick search with OpenGrok give a lot of references to
>> "StarSymbol":
> yeah, I found the same. So I think somewhere it is mapped to
> OpenSymbol but opengrok doesn't help me.
Hi Yuri,

This looks like font mapping (conversion):
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/xref/aoo-trunk/main/unotools/source/misc/fontcvt.cxx

>> P.S.: Will you be in the IRC Speakup this evening?
>> http://www.os2voice.org/news/48719.html
> mostly :-)

CU! ;-)

Matthias