calc chokes on this

Shane Hecker
I'm trying to get calc to open a file that is supposed to be a Microsoft
Excel file. Any idea why calc is choking on this? I'm hopeful that the
system will let me do this, so I'm attaching the file in question to
this message. It's a list of commands for a Denon receiver. Thanks for
any help.

Shane

Re: calc chokes on this

Martin Groenescheij

On 22/02/18 12:01 PM, Shane Hecker wrote:
> I'm trying to get calc to open a file that is supposed to be a
> Microsoft Excel file. Any idea why calc is choking on this?

The least thing you could do is to tell what version of MS Office it is
made with. The Operating System and version you are
using and the version of OpenOffice you are using.

> I'm hopeful that the system will let me do this, so I'm attaching the
> file in question to this message.

Attachments are stripped of this mailing list, so no one is able to see it.

> It's a list of commands for a Denon receiver. Thanks for any help.
>

> Shane

Re: calc chokes on this

Shane Hecker

> On Feb 21, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 22/02/18 12:01 PM, Shane Hecker wrote:
>> I'm trying to get calc to open a file that is supposed to be a Microsoft Excel file. Any idea why calc is choking on this?
>
> The least thing you could do is to tell what version of MS Office it is made with. The Operating System and version you are
> using and the version of OpenOffice you are using.
>
>> I'm hopeful that the system will let me do this, so I'm attaching the file in question to this message.
>
> Attachments are stripped of this mailing list, so no one is able to see it.
>
>> It's a list of commands for a Denon receiver. Thanks for any help.
>>

>> Shane

> The file has a .xlsx extension which usually means office 2007 or later. Using Windows 10 and open office 4.1.5.

Re: calc chokes on this

Martin Groenescheij

On 22/02/18 12:39 PM, Shane Hecker wrote:

>> On Feb 21, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 22/02/18 12:01 PM, Shane Hecker wrote:
>>> I'm trying to get calc to open a file that is supposed to be a Microsoft Excel file. Any idea why calc is choking on this?
>> The least thing you could do is to tell what version of MS Office it is made with. The Operating System and version you are
>> using and the version of OpenOffice you are using.
>>
>>> I'm hopeful that the system will let me do this, so I'm attaching the file in question to this message.
>> Attachments are stripped of this mailing list, so no one is able to see it.
>>
>>> It's a list of commands for a Denon receiver. Thanks for any help.
>>>

>>> Shane

> The file has a .xlsx extension which usually means office 2007 or later. Using Windows 10 and open office 4.1.5.

Usually OpenOffice is able to open xlsx files, but can't save them as xlsx.
Do you get any error message

I've seen some issues with password protected xlsx files on the OpenOfficeforum
<https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=92508&p=439357&hilit=xlsx#p439333>  please check it out.

Re: calc chokes on this

Shane Hecker
No error message, the program simply hangs until closed at which point Windows asks whether or not to wait for the program to respond or close the program.

>>> Attachments are stripped of this mailing list, so no one is able to see it.

>> The file has a .xlsx extension which usually means office 2007 or later. Using Windows 10 and open office 4.1.5.
>
> Usually OpenOffice is able to open xlsx files, but can't save them as xlsx.
> Do you get any error message
> I've seen some issues with password protected xlsx files on the OpenOffice forum please check it out.

Re: calc chokes on this

David Robley

On 02/22/2018 11:31 AM, Shane Hecker wrote:

> I'm trying to get calc to open a file that is supposed to be a
> Microsoft Excel file. Any idea why calc is choking on this? I'm
> hopeful that the system will let me do this, so I'm attaching the file
> in question to this message. It's a list of commands for a Denon
> receiver. Thanks for any help.
>

> Shane

Try uploading the file to a file sharing service such as Mediafire and post the link here.

Cheers
--
David Robley

A cynic smells flowers and looks for the casket.