calc income/expense

Helen Etters
Hope this isn't asking too much.
I own four rental houses. Does anyone have a calc template for keeping track
of expenses and income in rental property? I don't need depreciation or
anything sophisticated -- just need to give my accountant a record of which
houses had what kinds of expenses & income, including mileage for trips to
houses. Thanks, very much. I learn so much from this list!
Helen, using OO 2.0 on SuSE Linux

Re: calc income/expense

Dan Lewis-6
On Wednesday 16 November 2005 09:25 am, Helen wrote:
> Hope this isn't asking too much.
> I own four rental houses. Does anyone have a calc template for keeping
> track of expenses and income in rental property? I don't need depreciation
> or anything sophisticated -- just need to give my accountant a record of
> which houses had what kinds of expenses & income, including mileage for
> trips to houses. Thanks, very much. I learn so much from this list!
> Helen, using OO 2.0 on SuSE Linux

    It should not be that difficult to create one. First step is to find out
from your accountant exactly what types of information he needs and in what
form. The types of information then become the names across the top row with
the dates down the left column. You probably should also include a column for
security deposts if any and another if you charge late fees. Is rent the only
income? With regard to form of some of the information, will he accept the
distance of the trips or does he require the beginning and ending odometer
readings? Use one sheet per house, and place the expense columns to the right
of the income columns. When you have it the way he wants it, save it as a
template (File > Template >Save) with the appropriate name.

Dan