calc macro?

Bugzilla from bjlockie@lockie.ca
I want to create a budget spreadsheet that adds up everything in a
certain column that is a certain expense.

For example, say I have (each is 2 cells, type and amount):

groceries $5
groceries $4
pay $10
groceries $6

I want 1 cell for groceries that adds all the grocery cells.

Do I need to write a MACRO?

Re: calc macro?

Jim Watson
James Lockie wrote:

> I want to create a budget spreadsheet that adds up everything in a
> certain column that is a certain expense.
>
> For example, say I have (each is 2 cells, type and amount):
>
> groceries $5
> groceries $4
> pay $10
> groceries $6
>
> I want 1 cell for groceries that adds all the grocery cells.
>
> Do I need to write a MACRO?
James,

next time you should ask this type of question on the users mailing list
or on IRC #openoffice.org else you might get flamed here ;)

you can try the SUMIF function - some examples are in the Help - search
the Help Index for SUMIF

thanks

jim