can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

james allen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---

Re: can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

Martin Groenescheij
You can downloads OpenOffice on any system.
The real question is will it run on my Netbook?

Check it on: www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

On 30/01/2019 11:51, james allen wrote:

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>

> ---

Re: can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

Brian Barker-2
At 13:23 30/01/2019 +0100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>On 30/01/2019 11:51, James Allen wrote:
>>can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s
>
>You can downloads OpenOffice on any system.
>The real question is will it run on my Netbook?
>
>Check it on: www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

But there is no mention there of Windows 10 S.

Brian Barker

Re:

Martin Groenescheij

On 01/01/1970 01:00, wrote:

> At 13:23 30/01/2019 +0100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>> On 30/01/2019 11:51, James Allen wrote:
>>> can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s
>>
>> You can downloads OpenOffice on any system.
>> The real question is will it run on my Netbook?
>>
>> Check it on: www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
>
> But there is no mention there of Windows 10 S.
That's correct but I like to show where users can find the information.

At 14:26 30/01/2019 +0100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>On 30/01/2019 (and not on 1 January 1970, as claimed!), Brian Barker wrote:
>>>
>>>You can downloads OpenOffice on any system.
>>>The real question is will it run on my Netbook?
>>>
>>>Check it on: www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
>>
>>But there is no mention there of Windows 10 S.
>
>That's correct but I like to show where users can find the information.

But you miss my point: that there is no information there for anyone
using Windows 10 S.

Brian Barker

Re: can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 13:49:17 +0000
Brian Barker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 14:26 30/01/2019 +0100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> >>But there is no mention there of Windows 10 S.
> >
> >That's correct but I like to show where users can find the information.
>
> But you miss my point: that there is no information there for anyone
> using Windows 10 S.
>
> Brian Barker

If these are old netbooks, with screen resolution of 1024 x 600, then one can install OO, but it really requires a screen of 1024 x 768.  It will run OK on screens of 1366 x 768

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

On 30/01/2019 14:49, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 14:26 30/01/2019 +0100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>> On 30/01/2019 (and not on 1 January 1970, as claimed!), Brian Barker
>> wrote:

>>> But there is no mention there of Windows 10 S.
>>
>> That's correct but I like to show where users can find the information.
>
> But you miss my point: that there is no information there for anyone
> using Windows 10 S.

And you missed my point: Question was if he can download OpenOffice on
his Netbook.
On the website there is no mention of Windows 10S which tells me that it
isn't officially
supported. It is possible that it runs but I will not advice because
most netbooks have only 2GB memory and 32-64GB storage.

> Brian Barker

Re: can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

Regina Henschel
Hi James,

no, sorry. Having "Windows 10s" you are bound the software available
from the Microsoft store.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4023899/windows-10-s-apps-not-install.

Kind regards
Regina

james allen schrieb am 30-Jan-19 um 11:51:

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>

> ---

Re: can I download open office onto a netbook using windows 10s

Dave AOO
On 30.01.2019 14:22, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> On 30/01/2019 14:49, Brian Barker wrote:
>> At 14:26 30/01/2019 +0100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>>> That's correct but I like to show where users can find the information.
>>
>> But you miss my point: that there is no information there for anyone
>> using Windows 10 S.
>
> And you missed my point: Question was if he can download OpenOffice on
> his Netbook.
> On the website there is no mention of Windows 10S which tells me that it
> isn't officially
> supported. It is possible that it runs but I will not advice because
> most netbooks have only 2GB memory and 32-64GB storage.
>

>> Brian Barker
Neither screen resolution or memory are the issues here.

How Is Windows 10 S Different?
The biggest difference in Windows 10 S is that can only run apps
downloaded from the Windows Store.

So unless AOO is added to the Windows Store, or the OP can switch out of
S Mode, the answer to his question is NO.

Dave

0xC0020A60BF9E4F37.asc (3K) Download Attachment

At 14:32 30/01/2019 +0000, Dave Noname wrote:

>On 30.01.2019 14:22, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>>>But you miss my point: that there is no information there for
>>>anyone using Windows 10 S.
>>
>>And you missed my point: Question was if he can download OpenOffice
>>on his Netbook. On the website there is no mention of Windows 10S
>>which tells me that it isn't officially supported.

I didn't miss that point, as you didn't make that point! (And it
doesn't complete the story.)

>Neither screen resolution or memory are the issues here.
>
>How Is Windows 10 S Different?
>The biggest difference in Windows 10 S is that can only run apps
>downloaded from the Windows Store.
>
>So unless AOO is added to the Windows Store, or the OP can switch
>out of S Mode, the answer to his question is NO.

Windows 10 S, now replaced by Windows 10 in S mode, can indeed
install only applications from the Microsoft Store. But users can
switch out of S mode at no cost; see
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4456067/windows-10-switch-out-of-s-mode
. So the answer is apparently "yes" (subject to system specification).

Brian Barker