can not open OpenOffice

Bill Alles
Hello.  I recently updated my Mac to Catalina version 10.15.1 and since doing so, I have not been able to open the OpenOffice program. It tells me to contact the developer, so that is why I am writing. Please advise as to what needs to be done so that I can access the OpenOffice program again.Thank you for your assistance,                                                  Bill

Re: can not open OpenOffice

David Belina-2
Probably need to download and install the 64-bit version of OO.  It should install gracefully over the 32-bit I think that you hav now.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

On the green banner click the Mac OS to get a selection drop-down and select the 64-bit version.

Dave B.

Hello.  I recently updated my Mac to Catalina version 10.15.1 and since doing so, I have not been able to open the OpenOffice program. It tells me to contact the developer, so that is why I am writing. Please advise as to what needs to be done so that I can access the OpenOffice program again.Thank you for your assistance,                                                  Bill

Re: can not open OpenOffice

David Belina-2
Sorry, the Mac version which will download install the 64-bit version of 1.7

Hello.  I recently updated my Mac to Catalina version 10.15.1 and since doing so, I have not been able to open the OpenOffice program. It tells me to contact the developer, so that is why I am writing. Please advise as to what needs to be done so that I can access the OpenOffice program again.Thank you for your assistance,                                                  Bill

Re: can not open OpenOffice

Steven Ahlers
Bill,

What version of OpenOffice do you have installed? You may need to install a 64 bit version if you haven’t updated recently. Go to:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/
and install the most recent version.

You maybe running into the Gatekeeper of macOS. Once you have the latest update installed Right-click (Ctrl-Click) on the icon, choose  Open, then choose Open in the next pop up dialogue.

If you have any further questions please contact:
[hidden email]
so that all users can assist you.

Since you’re not subscribed to the user’s list you may miss some replies.

Sent from my iPhone