changed/SRC680 (cws as6) : GUI option "Automatic file name extension" removed from File-Save dialog

changed/SRC680 (cws as6) : GUI option "Automatic file name extension" removed from File-Save dialog

Andreas Schlüns

       Product: Common User Interface
          Type: changed
         Title: GUI option "Automatic file name extension" removed from File-Save dialog
     Posted by: [hidden email]
      Affected: [hidden email],[hidden email],
Effective from: SRC680 (cws as6)

*Flags*
-------
API/ BASIC [ ]
Configuration [ ]
File format change [ ]
Help/ Guide [x]
Performance test [ ]
Translation [ ]
UI relevant [x]

*Description*
-------------
The check box "Automatic file name extension" will be removed from all
file save/export dialogs. Instead the feature will be turned on and
cant be disabled from now.

Some examples for the new behaviour:

"my file" + ODT Filter => "my file.odt"
"my file.txt" +  ODT Filter => "my file.txt.odt"
"my file.odt" + ODT Filter => "my file.odt"

Please note: Currently only the following set of file save dialogs was
changed ..
- internal OOo dialog
- native Windows XP/Win98 dialog
- Gnome File Picker

MacOS and Vista are on the way .. so they do not show this feature today.
But caused by the fact that the new behaviour was implemented inside
SFX turning off the might be existing check box will have no effect.

*Specification URL*