code comments and doxygen

Peter Kovacs-2
anyone minds if i add or modify existing code comments to fit to a
doxygen generated output?

I am using it at the moment to build a better understanding.

Re: code comments and doxygen

Marcus (OOo)
Am 18.11.19 um 21:57 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> anyone minds if i add or modify existing code comments to fit to a
> doxygen generated output?
>
> I am using it at the moment to build a better understanding.

when you write already that you want to change code lines than it would
be good to show some examples to make it transparent.

Thanks

Marcus

Re: code comments and doxygen

Damjan Jovanovic
On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:58 PM Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> anyone minds if i add or modify existing code comments to fit to a
> doxygen generated output?
>
> I am using it at the moment to build a better understanding.

Don't we have an internal documentation system used in place of doxygen,
and able to generate documentation for IDL and other languages?

main/autodoc and so on?

Damjan

Re: code comments and doxygen

Peter Kovacs-3
@Marcus
I am not sure what you want to see.
Doxygen is a language independent documentation system (supporting c, c++, Java, python and more) working much like javadoc.
There is no code. You place the comments after or before the code and can give a function, method or class context. We do that occasionally, but very differently.
In svtools is an German example I though I translate. If I have done so I can of course go through github for review. You would see the difference then. Is that what you want?

@damjan, all
I have a look, thanks.
But the question is do we want to maintain such a tool? Or is it based on some bigger project?

Am 19.11.19 um 09:42 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> @Marcus
> I am not sure what you want to see.
> Doxygen is a language independent documentation system (supporting c, c++, Java, python and more) working much like javadoc.

ok, if it's similar to javadoc then this should have been my question.

When you write "modifying code" without any further hints then it's a
bit unclear - at least for me as non-coder. ;-)

> There is no code. You place the comments after or before the code and can give a function, method or class context. We do that occasionally, but very differently.
> In svtools is an German example I though I translate. If I have done so I can of course go through github for review. You would see the difference then. Is that what you want?

No, then it's OK as the purpose is clear enough.

Thanks for the explanation.

Marcus