complainment

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

complainment

Nenad Ćurčić
Hi Open Office Team,

today, after a few years of using other products, once again I tried Open
Office (v 4.1.4). I must say that it was a big disappointment. Problems
with installation where the setup programs required of me to close slack,
chrome...

When I finally managed to install your solution, further problems arrived.
Open Office Writer is a mess!
1. Inserting a "ghost" horizontal lines when copying content
2. changing of the ruler pointers from the table column on some random
position and only not on the position where I put them.
3. writing character one over the other when I use some other UTF
characters besides US...



And this all only in 15min of app usage. It's a shame for the project that
is more than a decade old.

My advice is to abandon open office project and do something useful!

--
Nenad Ćurčić
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complainment

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 14:24:30 +0100
Nenad Ćurčić <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Open Office Team,
>
> today, after a few years of using other products, once again I tried Open
> Office (v 4.1.4). I must say that it was a big disappointment. Problems
> with installation where the setup programs required of me to close slack,
> chrome...
>
> When I finally managed to install your solution, further problems arrived.
> Open Office Writer is a mess!
> 1. Inserting a "ghost" horizontal lines when copying content

You are probably Pasting HTML code and OpenOffice is preserving this.  If you do not wish to see the "ghost" lines, use /Edit /Paste Special and select "unformatted text" from the popup.

> 2. changing of the ruler pointers from the table column on some random
> position and only not on the position where I put them.

Set your Styles correctly and stop using direct formatting.

> 3. writing character one over the other when I use some other UTF
> characters besides US...

Press the Insert key to toggle from Insert to Overwrite, or in your case from Overwrite to Insert; or click in the Over/Instr box in the middle of the status bar (bottom bar of OO window) to have the same effect.
 
> And this all only in 15min of app usage. It's a shame for the project that
> is more than a decade old.
>
> My advice is to abandon open office project and do something useful!

The faults complained of are all User faults.  Perhaps you should read some instructions?  This is a useful (brief) guide, in a number of languages:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Writer_for_Students]Writer for students (several languages)

>
> --
> Nenad Ćurčić

It may be that you and OpenOffice are not suited, much as people prefer one make of car to another.  In that case, you should look for some other wordprocessor/Office suite.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complainment

Urmas
In reply to this post by Nenad Ćurčić
"Nenad Ćurčić":

> When I finally managed to install your solution, further problems arrived.
> Open Office Writer is a mess!

Try LibreOffice. OpenOffice is no longer developed.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complainment

Keith N. McKenna
On 11/7/2017 4:32 PM, Urmas wrote:
> "Nenad Ćurčić":
>
>> When I finally managed to install your solution, further problems
>> arrived.
>> Open Office Writer is a mess!
>
> Try LibreOffice. OpenOffice is no longer developed.
Urmas;

Stop spreading your FUD. Apache OpenOffice is still actively developed.


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complainment

Urmas
> Apache OpenOffice is still actively developed.

One minor release per year? Don't be ridiculous.





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complainment

Keith N. McKenna
On 11/9/2017 7:35 PM, Urmas wrote:
>> Apache OpenOffice is still actively developed.
>
> One minor release per year? Don't be ridiculous.
If you bothered to be anything but a shill to spread FUD for another
product you would know that there is more to quality development than
how many releases you put out. But then again you have never been
interested in discovering the truth or truly heling anybocy here so hat
do I expect.




signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complainment

Denis R LeBlanc
Personally I use and I hate Windows whit so many boring update. It's never end. I work mainly whit a Mac. Fewer update and I prefer that. 1 minor update. God the product must be good and people who support it to.
I don't know if I may and my comment.  Hope it's help.
Tanks a lot to team support.

Envoyé de mon iPad

> Le 9 nov. 2017 à 21:40, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On 11/9/2017 7:35 PM, Urmas wrote:
>>> Apache OpenOffice is still actively developed.
>>
>> One minor release per year? Don't be ridiculous.
> If you bothered to be anything but a shill to spread FUD for another
> product you would know that there is more to quality development than
> how many releases you put out. But then again you have never been
> interested in discovering the truth or truly heling anybocy here so hat
> do I expect.
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]