confusion re replys from all that responded to my need 4 help

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

confusion re replys from all that responded to my need 4 help

richards_715
when i asked for assistance i need to be able to understand the response not be even more confused. you must be sending me the data i need in some sort of jibberish. translate the reply in proper english so that i can open the email response and be able to understand all that is needed to.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: confusion re replys from all that responded to my need 4 help

Andrew Fisk
Could you repost your question -- I could not find it anywhere.


Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (412) 749-0162
Fax: (412) 749-0203
[hidden email]
www.spitcomp.com

On Nov 9, 2005, at 2:16 AM, <[hidden email]>  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> when i asked for assistance i need to be able to understand the  
> response not be even more confused. you must be sending me the data  
> i need in some sort of jibberish. translate the reply in proper  
> english so that i can open the email response and be able to  
> understand all that is needed to.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: confusion re replys from all that responded to my need 4 help

G. Roderick Singleton-2
In reply to this post by richards_715
On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 18:16:33 +1100, richards_715 wrote:

> when i asked for assistance i need to be able to understand the response
> not be even more confused. you must be sending me the data i need in some
> sort of jibberish. translate the reply in proper english so that i can
> open the email response and be able to understand all that is needed to.

Let's start with your original message:

 

> The Richards Family
> [hidden email]
> asks about a link so that we can download the current version of open
> office for windows me.
>
> have you cd roms with the os on them so that I can also add the open
> office os behind windows and therefore have the choice of having both os
> on the same hard drive live in stanthorpe qld au
>
> alternate email
> [hidden email]
> or
> [hidden email]
>
> am decided that if i can obtain disks for the os i would put the programme
> behind windows. thanks

As you can see it is NOT in plain English. Please rephrase in plain
English so we can understand what it is EXACTLY you want.



--
Documentation Co-lead
"Dinna meddle wi' things ye ken nuthin' aboot!"
J.H.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: confusion re replys from all that responded to my need 4 help

G. Roderick Singleton-2
In reply to this post by richards_715
I think we have a problem with this user.  I responded to his request
and copied him. The following is the result:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Postmaster notify: see transcript for details
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:37:29 -0500

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[hidden email]>
    (reason: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ([hidden email]) [-5] - mta199.mail.mud.yahoo.com)

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx1.mail.yahoo.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ([hidden email]) [-5] - mta199.mail.mud.yahoo.com
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/ 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: confusion re replys from all that responded to my need 4 help

Alan Frayer
In reply to this post by G. Roderick Singleton-2
I believe the OP has the idea that OpenOffice.org is a complete
operating system, rather than an office productivity program. The OP's
question makes sense if OOo was an operating system like Linux or
Windows, but it is not.

For the Richards Clan:
OpenOffice.org is an integrated word processor, spreadsheet, database,
and presentation program (like Microsoft Office, for example). As such,
it needs to be installed as a Windows (or Linux) program, not as an OS
to replace Windows.

Please send your reply to the mailing list at [hidden email].

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 18:16:33 +1100, richards_715 wrote:
>
>  
>
>>when i asked for assistance i need to be able to understand the response
>>not be even more confused. you must be sending me the data i need in some
>>sort of jibberish. translate the reply in proper english so that i can
>>open the email response and be able to understand all that is needed to.
>>    
>>
>
>Let's start with your original message:
>
>
>  
>
>>The Richards Family
>>[hidden email]
>>asks about a link so that we can download the current version of open
>>office for windows me.
>>
>>have you cd roms with the os on them so that I can also add the open
>>office os behind windows and therefore have the choice of having both os
>>on the same hard drive live in stanthorpe qld au
>>
>>alternate email
>>[hidden email]
>>or
>>[hidden email]
>>
>>am decided that if i can obtain disks for the os i would put the programme
>>behind windows. thanks
>>    
>>
>
>As you can see it is NOT in plain English. Please rephrase in plain
>English so we can understand what it is EXACTLY you want.
>
>
>
>  
>


--
Alan Frayer
Technology Consultant
[hidden email]
http://www.frayernet.com
Member, American Marketing Association



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]