contact me to help me with apache open office

contact me to help me with apache open office

Gene Riddell
my open office is no longer working properly. i cannot force/quit it. i can be reached after 5pm friday eastern standard time. 7277299749.

Re: contact me to help me with apache open office

Martin Groenescheij

On 10/03/17 3:48 PM, Gene Riddell wrote:
> my open office is no longer working properly. i cannot force/quit it. i can be reached after 5pm friday eastern standard time. 7277299749.

5 pm in Australia is probably mid night somewhere else, so it would be
wise to tell us what Time Zone you are in.
And if I call 7277299749 in Australia (where I live) I probably get
someone on the phone that doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Re: contact me to help me with apache open office

James Plante

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 1:30 AM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 10/03/17 3:48 PM, Gene Riddell wrote:
>> my open office is no longer working properly. i cannot force/quit it. i can be reached after 5pm friday eastern standard time. 7277299749.
>
> 5 pm in Australia is probably mid night somewhere else, so it would be wise to tell us what Time Zone you are in.
Errr, he did: eastern standard time. That, and the 10-digit phone number, puts him on the east coast of the US. Just FYI, the US has four time zones on the continent: Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific. I’m sure Australia must have at least that many.

> And if I call 7277299749 in Australia (where I live) I probably get someone on the phone that doesn't know what I'm talking about.
If you get anybody at all, he probably won’t. Does Australia have ten-digit phone numbers?

@Gene Riddell
What type of computer and what operating system are you using? Which version of AOO?

Re: contact me to help me with apache open office

Fernando Cassia
On 3/10/17, Gene Riddell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> my open office is no longer working properly. i cannot force/quit it. i can
> be reached after 5pm friday eastern standard time. 7277299749.

Gene,

Welcome to this mailing list. A mailing list is an e-mail based
discussion group, for the community of users to exchange questions and
answers. Last time I checked, there's no phone support for AOO.

If you could write that e-mail asking for help, you surely can
continue reading and writing more emails to tell us about your
problems with AOO so that someone can help you with your problem.

Why insist on a phone call? it's usually much slower, as the person on
the other side has to first figure out what operating system you use
(PC running Windows? what windows? PC running Linux? Apple ?). It's
much easier if you could begin by providing that information over
email to the list.

Best regards
FC

On 11/03/17 2:11 AM, James Plante wrote:
>> On Mar 10, 2017, at 1:30 AM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 10/03/17 3:48 PM, Gene Riddell wrote:
>>> my open office is no longer working properly. i cannot force/quit it. i can be reached after 5pm friday eastern standard time. 7277299749.
>> 5 pm in Australia is probably mid night somewhere else, so it would be wise to tell us what Time Zone you are in.
> Errr, he did: eastern standard time. That, and the 10-digit phone number, puts him on the east coast of the US. Just FYI, the US has four time zones on the continent: Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific. I’m sure Australia must have at least that many.

In Australia we have also EST also known as AEST, but why should I guess
which country I have to dial.
And yes we have 10 digit phone numbers. FYI Australia has 9 time zones
plus 4 for different island groups