copy and paste and now language is in Japanese

copy and paste and now language is in Japanese

JIMNEEL
Please help

Re: copy and paste and now language is in Japanese

Martin Groenescheij

> On 14 May 2018, at 11:51 pm, JIMNEEL <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please help

How can I help with this limited information?
So far I see two options:
1. Give us information about your system and software versions and under what circumstance it happened the first time.
2. Learn Japanese.

Re: copy and paste and now language is in Japanese

Howard Blum
学習するのが最も簡単な言語ではありません

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Martin Groenescheij <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 14 May 2018, at 11:51 pm, JIMNEEL <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Please help
>
> How can I help with this limited information?
> So far I see two options:
> 1. Give us information about your system and software versions and under
> what circumstance it happened the first time.
> 2. Learn Japanese.

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: copy and paste and now language is in Japanese

jonathon-3
On 05/14/2018 10:25 PM, Howard Blum wrote:

> 学習するのが最も簡単な言語ではありません

Really ‽‽‽
Five writing systems:
* Hiraganal
* Katakana;
* Kanji;
* Romaji;
* Emoji;
* Hentaigana: Archaic - Used mainly in high end food establishements;
* Arabic Numerals: Arguably not a writing system, per se;

Not to forget that both:
* Jukujikun: What the word means;
* Ateji: How to pronounce the word;
are a standard part of words.

And just to confuse one, documents are either:
* Tategaki: Top to bottom, right to left, right page to left page;
* Yokogaki: Right to left, top to bottom, left page to right page;

Sacrificial raw material, indeed.

More seriously, I doubt that copy and paste translates the material into
Japanese.  If it did, I'd consider that to be an unadvertised feature.

My initial set of questions is:
* What is the material being copied from;
* What platform was the copying done on;
* How was the material copied;
* What code page did the original document use;
* What code page is AOo configured for;
* What writing systems in AOo configured for;
* What writing system was the original document in;

jonathon