corrupted.....Apache Open Office Spreadsheet.......(Text Import)

corrupted.....Apache Open Office Spreadsheet.......(Text Import)

James Jenkins
I recently open my file in "Apache Openoffice Spreadsheet", I've had
this file over a couple years, it worked perfectly, and now another
files has red wavy lines as if there not spelled correctly:

_when I open I get "Text Import":_

         TEXT IMPORT ...unicode, default English USA

         FROM...Row 1

         SEPARATED BY...semicolon, space,  text delimiter

         OTHER OPTIONS...(nothing here)

         FIELDS...gray and a  # (1)

This started (I think) when I used the Tool-Bar (reverse input arrow), I
used it 3-4 times........

As I was emailing this to you, I tried to open my four other spreadsheet
files that I use every day for over a couple years... now there not
opening.  Need help........ One of these file goes to my doctor
regarding my health condition, and the other is business related. The
more I tried to open.....now the Open Office "Start Bar" will not
open....progressively getting worse the more I attempt to open the
spreadsheet the worse it gets.

James L. Jenkins

Re: corrupted.....Apache Open Office Spreadsheet.......(Text Import)

David Belina-2
Sounds like you have changed something in your computer.  When you tried to open the file from the file manager of your os, did it try to “recover” the file.  If it did and you canceled the recovery, try to open it again and do the recovery.

Dave B.

On December 30, 2019 at 8:51:58 AM, James Jenkins ([hidden email]) wrote:

[hidden email] file in "Apache Openoffice Spreadsheet", I've had
[...]

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 08:51:05 -0800
James Jenkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recently open my file in "Apache Openoffice Spreadsheet", I've had
> this file over a couple years, it worked perfectly, and now another
> files has red wavy lines as if there not spelled correctly:
>
> _when I open I get "Text Import":_
>
>          TEXT IMPORT ...unicode, default English USA
>
>          FROM...Row 1
>
>          SEPARATED BY...semicolon, space,  text delimiter
>
>          OTHER OPTIONS...(nothing here)
>
>          FIELDS...gray and a  # (1)
>
> This started (I think) when I used the Tool-Bar (reverse input arrow), I
> used it 3-4 times........
>
> As I was emailing this to you, I tried to open my four other spreadsheet
> files that I use every day for over a couple years... now there not
> opening.  Need help........ One of these file goes to my doctor
> regarding my health condition, and the other is business related. The
> more I tried to open.....now the Open Office "Start Bar" will not
> open....progressively getting worse the more I attempt to open the
> spreadsheet the worse it gets.
>
> James L. Jenkins

Have you tried restarting your computer?  Do not, repeat _NOT_ save over any of the files in question until they open correctly.

If restarting computer does not help, try deleting or renaming your OpenOffice user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
good choice. Start OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>