Quantcast

create a Pootle account for me

Slimane AMIRI
Hello my name is slimane amiri
Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
under the Apache 2 license and I will work on Kabyle Language
My preferred username is  slimaneamiri

Pootle server admins (was Re: create a Pootle account for me)

Ariel Constenla-Haile-2
Hello Slimane,

On 12/11/16 08:23, Slimane AMIRI wrote:
> Hello my name is slimane amiri
> Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
> under the Apache 2 license and I will work on Kabyle Language
> My preferred username is  slimaneamiri

Sorry for the delay. I don't known how has admin access in the Pootle
server, I'll let you know as soon as we find it out.

@dev: According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12787
arist, jsc, pescetti, jani and me have access to the pootle vm, but does
not grant admin rights in the pootle server, at least I'm just a simple
user, I cannot add Slimane. Do we have a list of pootle admins?

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Pootle server admins (was Re: create a Pootle account for me)

Andrea Pescetti-2
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> @dev: According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12787
> arist, jsc, pescetti, jani and me have access to the pootle vm, but does
> not grant admin rights in the pootle server, at least I'm just a simple
> user, I cannot add Slimane. Do we have a list of pootle admins?

I can create users for existing languages at least, where "existing"
means listed at https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/ (57
languages). This means I can take care of this task, and I will do it
this weekend.

I can probably create new languages too, but I'm not sure I ever did it.

When I access Pootle for this task I'll see if a list of Pootle admins
is available in the web interface.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 12/11/2016 Slimane AMIRI wrote:
> Hello my name is slimane amiri
> Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
> under the Apache 2 license and I will work on Kabyle Language
> My preferred username is  slimaneamiri

Welcome! Account created and enabled for Kabyle.

Please go to
https://translate.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/
to receive your password.

Then you will able to login at
https://translate.apache.org/accounts/login/
and translate at
https://translate.apache.org/kab/aoo40/

A detailed Pootle guide is available at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide

If you don't want to miss announcements you should subscribe to this
mailing list: send an empty e-mail message to
[hidden email] and respond to the confirmation
request you will receive.

Regards,
   Andrea.

On 18/11/2016 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Do we have a list of pootle admins?
> I can create users for existing languages at least

I confirm I can add users and I just did it.

> I can probably create new languages too, but I'm not sure I ever did it.

I confirm I can add languages too.

> When I access Pootle for this task I'll see if a list of Pootle admins
> is available in the web interface.

There are several Pootle admins, since this is a shared instance for all
Apache projects. Out of the current OpenOffice PMC members, I can
recognize me and jsc. We can (should?) add more.

Besides this, I have shell access to the VM, with sudo privileges too.

Regards,
   Andrea.