creating a newsletter

CONNIE BARCZAK
I would like to know if I would be able to create a newsletter of about 4-6 pages. I now use Microsoft publisher and my computer crashed and no longer can use it.
Thank you,
Connie
[hidden email]

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: creating a newsletter

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:48:23 -0700
CONNIE BARCZAK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to know if I would be able to create a newsletter of about 4-6 pages. I now use Microsoft publisher and my computer crashed and no longer can use it.
> Thank you,
> Connie
> [hidden email]

Yes, but there will be a learning curve.  OpenOffice is not an MS Word or MS Publisher clone.  It is free, so it will only cost you time.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: creating a newsletter

Ian Whitfield-2

Hi Connie

I've been producing a Newsletter/Journal every month for the past 13 years. Each issue between 50 and 60 pages.

I started with Open Office then moved to LibreOffice but soon realized that I needed something better. I therefore started using Scribus which is the perfect Program for doing this.

But as Roy says there will be a learning curve whatever you use. Scribus is also FOSS Software.

Good luck.

IanW
Pretoria RSA

On 08/14/2017 10:06 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:48:23 -0700
CONNIE BARCZAK [hidden email] wrote:

I would like to know if I would be able to create a newsletter of about 4-6 pages. I now use Microsoft publisher and my computer crashed and no longer can use it.
Thank you,
Connie
[hidden email]

Yes, but there will be a learning curve.  OpenOffice is not an MS Word or MS Publisher clone.  It is free, so it will only cost you time.

Re: creating a newsletter

nasrin khaksar
hi.
if you need to use microsoft publisher format for your work,
libreoffice supports it.
you can open publisher format with libreoffice, but i did not test it
and dont know how can you edit them and how is the quality.
God bless you all.

On 8/15/17, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:48:23 -0700
> CONNIE BARCZAK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I would like to know if I would be able to create a newsletter of about
>> 4-6 pages. I now use Microsoft publisher and my computer crashed and no
>> longer can use it.
>> Thank you,
>> Connie
>> [hidden email]
>>

> Yes, but there will be a learning curve.  OpenOffice is not an MS Word or MS
> Publisher clone.  It is free, so it will only cost you time.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: