ctrl+right arrow

Sander Verpalen

Hello
I've been using open office for a long time now, but there is one thing I'd
like to see changed or perhaps an option could be created for it. When
typing, I use the ctrl+left arrow and ctrl+right arrow a lot to navigate.
However when using ctrl+right arrow the cursor jumps to the beginning of
the next word instead of the end the current one. This is highly annoying
since when I use ctrl+right arrow at the end of a sentence and the rest of
the line is empty, it jumps down to the beginning of the next word, even if
that is on an other line.
Most of the time I'm typing with text under the line I'm currently typing
at. When I want to navigate the cursor to the end of the line it jumps down
to the beginning of the next line. I think that it is so annoying since in
most other applications the cursor jumps to end of a word to the right and
to the beginning of a word to the left, so I'm very used to it.
Is there a work around anyway to change this?
Kind regards
Sander

Send big files for free. Simple steps. No registration.
Visit now http://www.nawelny.com

Re: ctrl+right arrow

Mathias Bauer
On 08.06.2010 23:39, Sander Verpalen wrote:

> Hello
> I've been using open office for a long time now, but there is one thing I'd
> like to see changed or perhaps an option could be created for it. When
> typing, I use the ctrl+left arrow and ctrl+right arrow a lot to navigate.
> However when using ctrl+right arrow the cursor jumps to the beginning of
> the next word instead of the end the current one. This is highly annoying
> since when I use ctrl+right arrow at the end of a sentence and the rest of
> the line is empty, it jumps down to the beginning of the next word, even if
> that is on an other line.
> Most of the time I'm typing with text under the line I'm currently typing
> at. When I want to navigate the cursor to the end of the line it jumps down
> to the beginning of the next line. I think that it is so annoying since in
> most other applications the cursor jumps to end of a word to the right and
> to the beginning of a word to the left, so I'm very used to it.
> Is there a work around anyway to change this?

I don't which "most other applications" you are talking about. All
applications I use in my daily work behave like OOo Writer does, and so
do all text editors I know.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".

Re: ctrl+right arrow

Cor Nouws
Mathias Bauer wrote (18-06-10 14:37)
> On 08.06.2010 23:39, Sander Verpalen wrote:

>> [...]
>> However when using ctrl+right arrow the cursor jumps to the beginning of
>> the next word instead of the end the current one. This is highly annoying
>> [...]
>>  I think that it is so annoying  since in
>> most other applications the cursor jumps to end of a word to the right
>> and to the beginning of a word to the left, so I'm very used to it.
>> Is there a work around anyway to change this?
>
> I don't which "most other applications" you are talking about. All
> applications I use in my daily work behave like OOo Writer does, and so
> do all text editors I know.

Since I work on Ubuntu, I notice that the Thunderbird email-editor and
gEdit behave as described by Sander.
Which is rather annoying for me, since I am used to the other behaviour
:-) (well, after six months I get a little bit comfortable with it).
I am sure that the e-mail editor of Thunderbird on Widows behaved different.

Maybe it is an OS/Linux setting?

Best,
Cor

--
  >> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
   - ideas/remarks for the community council?
   - http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council