ddf files with relative path - 2.3

KAMI911
Hi!

I have attached a diff file that turns on relative path in ddf files. This enables the possibility of longer filenames and multilanguage Windows installers. Thanks Ingo Schmidt for the hint. In my opinion we should introduce this settings in OpenOffice.org installer build mechanism. Or are there any side effect? I hope no.

Best regards,
KAMI

win32-use_relative_path_in_ddf_files.diff (2K) Download Attachment

Re: ddf files with relative path - 2.3

Ingo Schmidt
Hi Kami,

using the setting RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF was until yet only required for
the SDK products, which have very long pathes. For the Office products,
you are the first, who has this problem.
I do not know any side effects, therefore we can make it to the default
for all products.
Regards

  Ingo

KAMI911 KAMI911 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have attached a diff file that turns on relative path in ddf files.
> This enables the possibility of longer filenames and multilanguage
> Windows installers. Thanks Ingo Schmidt for the hint. In my opinion we
> should introduce this settings in OpenOffice.org installer build
> mechanism. Or are there any side effect? I hope no.
>
> Best regards,
> KAMI

Re: ddf files with relative path - 2.3

KAMI911
Szia Ingo!

It would be nice. I had problem with ddf files time by time because of
multi-language packages and long filenames of template files submited by
users. So using RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF defaultly will solve all of my
packaging problem in the future.

Thank you in advance!

KAMI

Ingo Schmidt írta:

> Hi Kami,
>
> using the setting RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF was until yet only required
> for the SDK products, which have very long pathes. For the Office
> products, you are the first, who has this problem.
> I do not know any side effects, therefore we can make it to the
> default for all products.
> Regards
>
>  Ingo
>

> KAMI911 KAMI911 wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have attached a diff file that turns on relative path in ddf files.
>> This enables the possibility of longer filenames and multilanguage
>> Windows installers. Thanks Ingo Schmidt for the hint. In my opinion
>> we should introduce this settings in OpenOffice.org installer build
>> mechanism. Or are there any side effect? I hope no.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> KAMI

Re: ddf files with relative path - 2.3

KAMI911
Should I create an issue for it?

KAMI

Ingo Schmidt írta:

> Hi Kami,
>
> using the setting RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF was until yet only required
> for the SDK products, which have very long pathes. For the Office
> products, you are the first, who has this problem.
> I do not know any side effects, therefore we can make it to the
> default for all products.
> Regards
>
>  Ingo
>

> KAMI911 KAMI911 wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have attached a diff file that turns on relative path in ddf files.
>> This enables the possibility of longer filenames and multilanguage
>> Windows installers. Thanks Ingo Schmidt for the hint. In my opinion
>> we should introduce this settings in OpenOffice.org installer build
>> mechanism. Or are there any side effect? I hope no.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> KAMI

Re: ddf files with relative path - 2.3

Ingo Schmidt