ddf problem and new target for dmake in instsetoo_native/util

ddf problem and new target for dmake in instsetoo_native/util

KAMI911
Hi!
How can I define a new package for openoffice building environment?
I have problem with long filenames in ddf file creation. So I decided
that I create new package definition instead of running
instsetoo_native/util/dmake openoffice_hu_en-US_de_it_fr. Does it solve
my problem. When I create now package definition (so the language names
will not included into dirname)? I definied a new target in
instsetoo_native/util/pack.lst but somehow the build system ingored it.
I can create any installer with the introduced new target.
Do you have idea what did I wrong?

Best regards,
KAMI

Re: ddf problem and new target for dmake in instsetoo_native/util

Ingo Schmidt
Hello Kami,

if you have problem with ddf file creation, please use the product setting

RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF  1

in the file instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst for your product. I
think your product is named "OpenOffice" in the openoffice.lst.
I think your idea with creating a new package is not a solution. And
using RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF is much easier :-)
Regards

  Ingo

KAMI wrote:

> Hi!
> How can I define a new package for openoffice building environment?
> I have problem with long filenames in ddf file creation. So I decided
> that I create new package definition instead of running
> instsetoo_native/util/dmake openoffice_hu_en-US_de_it_fr. Does it solve
> my problem. When I create now package definition (so the language names
> will not included into dirname)? I definied a new target in
> instsetoo_native/util/pack.lst but somehow the build system ingored it.
> I can create any installer with the introduced new target.
> Do you have idea what did I wrong?
>

> Best regards,
> KAMI

Re: ddf problem and new target for dmake in instsetoo_native/util

KAMI911
Hello!

I will try it!

Are there any reason why do we not use it defaultly?

Best regards,
KAMI

Ingo Schmidt írta:

> Hello Kami,
>
> if you have problem with ddf file creation, please use the product
> setting
>
> RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF  1
>
> in the file instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst for your product. I
> think your product is named "OpenOffice" in the openoffice.lst.
> I think your idea with creating a new package is not a solution. And
> using RELATIVE_PATHES_IN_DDF is much easier :-)
> Regards
>
>  Ingo
>
> KAMI wrote:
>> Hi!
>> How can I define a new package for openoffice building environment?
>> I have problem with long filenames in ddf file creation. So I decided
>> that I create new package definition instead of running
>> instsetoo_native/util/dmake openoffice_hu_en-US_de_it_fr. Does it
>> solve my problem. When I create now package definition (so the
>> language names will not included into dirname)? I definied a new
>> target in instsetoo_native/util/pack.lst but somehow the build system
>> ingored it. I can create any installer with the introduced new target.
>> Do you have idea what did I wrong?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> KAMI

Re: ddf problem and new target for dmake in instsetoo_native/util

KAMI911
Szia!

Works perfectly!

I will send my patch regarding to this problem.

Thank you for the great hint.

KAMI