default sorting options in calc 2.0

Margaret Stanley
Every time I sort a page in calc I have to start by going to Options
and ticking the option to use column headers. If there any way of
setting this option as the default. (I cannot find it in HELP)

Margaret Stanley

Re: default sorting options in calc 2.0 (column headers option)

Terry North
Margaret Stanley <stanley <at> wr14.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Every time I sort a page in calc I have to start by going to Options
> and ticking the option to use column headers. If there any way of
> setting this option as the default. (I cannot find it in HELP)
>
> Margaret Stanley

I have found that selecting a column of text results in automatic selection of
the option to use column headers, as does selecting a column of numbers
(including dates) with the column header.  Selecting the numbers without the
header results in automatic deselection of the option.

Selecting a table containing mixed entries, without the column headers, results
in deselection of the option.  Selecting the whole table, including headers,
results in automatic selection of the option.