deletion of not needed page

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello,

can someone delete the page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend

We do not need it nmore. I do not hav the permissions to do so.

Thanks All the best

Peter

Re: deletion of not needed page

Andrea Pescetti-2
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> can someone delete the page
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend

Now you can. I've just given you permission to delete pages.

Wouldn't a blog post at https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ with the good news
be more useful (at the present state)?

I mean: it may be important to create pages to track actions, and it
makes sense that you do it. But it is even more important to publish the
outcomes when we have good news for our users.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: deletion of not needed page

Matthias Seidel

> Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> can someone delete the page
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend
>
> Now you can. I've just given you permission to delete pages.
>
> Wouldn't a blog post at https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ with the good
> news be more useful (at the present state)?
>
> I mean: it may be important to create pages to track actions, and it
> makes sense that you do it. But it is even more important to publish
> the outcomes when we have good news for our users.
Do we already have builds to test?

Regards,
   Matthias

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

blogpost (was: Re: deletion of not needed page)

Peter Kovacs-3
Thanks Andrea,

In general both, what we have to do, as to talk to our community seems
to be important to do.

But I am not convinced that a blogpost on gstreamer alone would be
interesting to for the community.
I think a blogpost about the 4.2.0 beta plans would indeed be helpfull.
We could write a little bit about what people can prepare to test for,
and of course mention the gstreamer update that we would like to see
tested by the community. Also some regular Format as a blog posts would
be nice. I think Star Citizen does a real good job in community
management. We could grab some ideas from them.

The next board report is sheduled in April. So we have to prepare a
report anyhow soon.
How about with the board report we publish a community Report, too? - It
will be different of course from the board report, with more focus on
community topics.

We could always write what has happend in the Project. I think the
different perspective could help a little the cause.
For the first Community Report we could start off with the 4.2.0 beta
plan, and what we want to do. What we hope for and talk about some
highlights like gstreamer.
We could also mention that work has been started on the win 64 transition.
Opinions?

On 11.03.2018 21:34, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> can someone delete the page
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/new+multimedia+Backend
>
> Now you can. I've just given you permission to delete pages.
>
> Wouldn't a blog post at https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ with the good
> news be more useful (at the present state)?
>
> I mean: it may be important to create pages to track actions, and it
> makes sense that you do it. But it is even more important to publish
> the outcomes when we have good news for our users.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Re: blogpost

Andrea Pescetti-2
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> We could always write what has happend in the Project. I think the
> different perspective could help a little the cause.
> For the first Community Report we could start off with the 4.2.0 beta
> plan, and what we want to do. What we hope for and talk about some
> highlights like gstreamer.
> We could also mention that work has been started on the win 64 transition.
> Opinions?

In general, I would prefer smaller posts. We even had weekly news at a
point (I think it lasted for an embarrassing low number of weeks, like 4
weeks or so!). You can find traces in the CWiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40508638

So something like a "monthly news" summarizing a month's worth of list
traffic would work better. Of course, someone would need to volunteer
for that...

As for the format, we have a blog here and there's not much flexibility,
this is what we get:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/

Regards,
   Andrea.