.dic encoding

Laurent Godard-3
Hi all
iirc, Myspell only deal with few encodings and the utf-8 is not supported ?

What about hunspell ?
Moreover on hunspell, is it possible to spellcheck without an affix file ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com

Re: .dic encoding

Дмитрий Габинский
Yes, Hunspell can use UTF-8, provided that you specify it in the .aff file
(and this leads us to the conclusion that an .aff file is compulsory, even
if it contains a single line of the encoding specification):

SET UTF-8

If the .aff file is just empty, AFAIK, Hunspell (and Myspell) shall treat
the dictionary as ISO Latin-1.

Best regards,

Dmitri Gabinski

Re: .dic encoding

Laurent Godard-3
Hi dmitri

> Yes, Hunspell can use UTF-8, provided that you specify it in the .aff
> file (and this leads us to the conclusion that an .aff file is
> compulsory, even if it contains a single line of the encoding
> specification):
>
> SET UTF-8
>
> If the .aff file is just empty, AFAIK, Hunspell (and Myspell) shall
> treat the dictionary as ISO Latin-1.

thanks for your response

what about the .dic file structure for Hnnspell
is it the same as myspell ? (a number of word + list of words)

thanks again

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com
Nuxeo CPS >> http://www.nuxeo.com - http://www.cps-project.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004

Re: .dic encoding

Дмитрий Габинский

> what about the .dic file structure for Hnnspell
> is it the same as myspell ? (a number of word + list of words)

As for .dic, it's just the same. As for .aff, it CAN be the same, but to
use additional Hunspell capabilities, you have to learn and employ some
new things (well, don't ask me — I still don't know them ;-)

Best regards,

Dmitri Gabinski