dic installation place

Jancs
Hi!

I can not figure out why my exention installs within user (profile)
directory rather than system (in OO3.1 tree under Program Files)-
WinXPSP3, OO3.1.

Can anyone give some ideas?

Janis

--
http://dict.dv.lv

Re: dic installation place

thomas.lange

Hi Janis,

> Hi!
>
> I can not figure out why my exention installs within user (profile)
> directory rather than system (in OO3.1 tree under Program Files)-
> WinXPSP3, OO3.1.
>
> Can anyone give some ideas?
>
> Janis

There should be two possible reasons:
a) You do not have the necessary permissions to install them in the
system tree.
   (That is you are not root/admin)
b) On installation you have choosen "Only for me" instead of "For all users"

Thomas

Re: dic installation place

thomas.lange
Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:

> Hi Janis,
> > Hi!
> >
> > I can not figure out why my exention installs within user (profile)
> > directory rather than system (in OO3.1 tree under Program Files)-
> > WinXPSP3, OO3.1.
> >
> > Can anyone give some ideas?
> >
> > Janis
> >

> There should be two possible reasons:
> a) You do not have the necessary permissions to install them in the
> system tree.
>    (That is you are not root/admin)
> b) On installation you have choosen "Only for me" instead of "For all users"

I forgot, there is one more possibility:

If the extension provider has chosen that every user has to accept the
license agreement then that extension can only be installed in the user
layer.

Thomas

Re: dic installation place

Jancs
Quoting Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <[hidden email]>:

> I forgot, there is one more possibility:
>
> If the extension provider has chosen that every user has to accept the
> license agreement then that extension can only be installed in the user
> layer.

how can i modify it to get dictionary installed systemwide (for win)?

Re: dic installation place

thomas.lange
Jancs wrote:

> Quoting Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <[hidden email]>:
>
> > I forgot, there is one more possibility:
> >
> > If the extension provider has chosen that every user has to accept the
> > license agreement then that extension can only be installed in the user
> > layer.
>
> how can i modify it to get dictionary installed systemwide (for win)?

Excerpt from
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extension_Dictionaries:

    <registration>
        <simple-license accept-by="admin" suppress-on-update="false" >
            <license-text xlink:href="LISEZMOI.txt" lang="fr-FR" />
        </simple-license>
    </registration>

I think the accept-by="admin" in the registration entry above should do
the trick.
You have to look for it in the description.xml.

Thomas

Re: dic installation place

Mathias Bauer
Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:

> Jancs wrote:
>> Quoting Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> > I forgot, there is one more possibility:
>> >
>> > If the extension provider has chosen that every user has to accept the
>> > license agreement then that extension can only be installed in the user
>> > layer.
>>
>> how can i modify it to get dictionary installed systemwide (for win)?
>>

> Excerpt from
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extension_Dictionaries:
>
>     <registration>
>         <simple-license accept-by="admin" suppress-on-update="false" >
>             <license-text xlink:href="LISEZMOI.txt" lang="fr-FR" />
>         </simple-license>
>     </registration>
>

> I think the accept-by="admin" in the registration entry above should do
> the trick.
> You have to look for it in the description.xml.

If you are talking about an extension of someone else: I think it is not
gentleman-like to make changes in that section without asking for
permission. If it's your own extension and you don't care about anyone
confirming the license, just remove the complete "registration" entry.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".