dictionaries for AOO 3.4.1 respin?

Rob Weir
What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
languages in the respin?

-Rob

Re: dictionaries for AOO 3.4.1 respin?

Jürgen Schmidt-3
On 1/14/13 2:49 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
> languages in the respin?

we have dictionaries for 4 languages now, and no info which dict to
bundle for Polish, Swedish, Korean and Norwegian Bokmal

50% of the new languages will come without a dedicated dict if we get no
information until let say Wednesday.

So again please provide us the information which dictionary should be
bundled and is already tested by some volunteers or real users of the
languages.

Juergen

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/14/13 2:49 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
>> languages in the respin?
>>

> we have dictionaries for 4 languages now, and no info which dict to
> bundle for Polish, Swedish, Korean and Norwegian Bokmal
>
> 50% of the new languages will come without a dedicated dict if we get no
> information until let say Wednesday.

Can we simply use whatever dictionary was used with OOo 3.3.0?
OpenOffice is pretty much useless without a spell checking dictionary.
 It might be conceivable to release a new translation for an obscure
minority language without a spell checker, as an experimental version.
 But for a major language, where we expect millions of downloads, this
would be a support nightmare.  Better not to release it at all, IMHO,
than to release without a dictionary.

-Rob

> So again please provide us the information which dictionary should be
> bundled and is already tested by some volunteers or real users of the
> languages.
>
> Juergen

Re: dictionaries for AOO 3.4.1 respin?

Reizinger Zoltán
2013.01.14. 14:49 keltezéssel, Rob Weir írta:
> What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
> languages in the respin?
The Hungarian version was issued without any ditionary, now I checked
them and the these two extension needs to be added to the Hungarian,
version:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/lightproof-hu_HU
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/hu_dicts

Submit a bug?

Zoltan

On 1/14/13 3:11 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 1/14/13 2:49 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
>>> languages in the respin?
>>>

>> we have dictionaries for 4 languages now, and no info which dict to
>> bundle for Polish, Swedish, Korean and Norwegian Bokmal
>>
>> 50% of the new languages will come without a dedicated dict if we get no
>> information until let say Wednesday.
>>

> Can we simply use whatever dictionary was used with OOo 3.3.0?
> OpenOffice is pretty much useless without a spell checking dictionary.
>  It might be conceivable to release a new translation for an obscure
> minority language without a spell checker, as an experimental version.
>  But for a major language, where we expect millions of downloads, this
> would be a support nightmare.  Better not to release it at all, IMHO,
> than to release without a dictionary.

I tend to agree and I thought it would be not too much effort to provide
the info we need. I simply can't say too much about the dictionaries
used for a foreign language. But using the ones for 3.3 could be an option.

Juergen

On 1/14/13 3:24 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:

> 2013.01.14. 14:49 keltezéssel, Rob Weir írta:
>> What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
>> languages in the respin?
> The Hungarian version was issued without any ditionary, now I checked
> them and the these two extension needs to be added to the Hungarian,
> version:
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/lightproof-hu_HU
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/hu_dicts
>
> Submit a bug?

yes please submit an issue as documented on the wiki page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages

Thanks

Juergen

> Zoltan
>

>> -Rob

Re: dictionaries for AOO 3.4.1 respin?

jan i
On 14 January 2013 15:11, Rob Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On 1/14/13 2:49 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> >> What is the current status?  Are we still missing dictionaries for any
> >> languages in the respin?
> >>

> > we have dictionaries for 4 languages now, and no info which dict to
> > bundle for Polish, Swedish, Korean and Norwegian Bokmal

What happened to the changes I made for danish dictionaries ??

Juergen: I thought I had a mail from you saying they are included ?

On 1/14/13 4:15 PM, janI wrote:

> On 14 January 2013 15:11, Rob Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>>

>>> we have dictionaries for 4 languages now, and no info which dict to
>>> bundle for Polish, Swedish, Korean and Norwegian Bokmal
>>
> What happened to the changes I made for danish dictionaries ??
>
> Juergen: I thought I had a mail from you saying they are included ?

yes they are included, I listed the langs which are missing ;-)

Juergen