dictionary version number

brandelune
I am wondering what is the rationale behind the (new) numbering of the
French dictionary version.

Jean-Christophe Helary

Re: dictionary version number

Olivier R.-2
Hi,

Jean-Christophe Helary a écrit :
> I am wondering what is the rationale behind the (new) numbering of the
> French dictionary version.

As far as I remember, the 2002 version number was 1.0.1

Since I work on the dictionary, I changed the affixes, add new rules,
new words, etc. This version for Hunspell was 2.x.
There were no major changes in the affixation system, only improvements
in a lot of areas. These versions were compatible with Myspell, with few
changes.

For the 3.0 version, I rewrote from scratch all the affixation rules
with the new possibilities provided by Hunspell and recreated the
dictionary from various sources.
This version is not compatible with Myspell.

X.Y.Z
| | |------- bug fixes, new words
| |--------- changes in the affixes file
|----------- major version

Olivier

--

== N'écrivez pas à cette adresse. Réservée aux listes de discussion. ==