digital signatures and encryption.

michal-15
Hi

Encryption is deeply explained in Oasis specs. Is there documentation covering
siging? Used standartds, signing algorithms, magic numbers passed to
funstions etc.

Re: digital signatures and encryption.

G. Roderick Singleton-2

http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf

Re: digital signatures and encryption.

michal-15
> >From what perspective?  For users see
>
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf

I want to develop it. I want to open files signed by OOo and check singatures.
And I want to sign documents so OOo can open them and check.

In OpenDocument-x1.0-os there is chapter 17.3 covering encryption but there is
nothing about digital signatures.

Re: digital signatures and encryption.

Malte Timmermann
Look at the module "xmlsecurity".

There is the implementation for the signature component.

Signatures might make it into ODF 1.1.

Malte.

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 12:13 +0200, michal wrote:

> > >From what perspective?  For users see
> >
> > http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/OOo2.x/user_guide2_draft.pdf
>
> I want to develop it. I want to open files signed by OOo and check singatures.
> And I want to sign documents so OOo can open them and check.
>
> In OpenDocument-x1.0-os there is chapter 17.3 covering encryption but there is
> nothing about digital signatures.

I have sent a signed document off-list.  One thing to note is that you
must have certs before you can sign. My preference is CAcert.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead