[discuss] Re: Envelope Printing

upscope
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> The number of times we see questions relating to the difficulty of
> printing envelopes - often compared with the ease of use of other
> products - suggests that it would be useful to automate the process.
>
> A simple, extensible database of printers, holding manufacturers, types
> and envelope printing position(s), would enable this with no great
> difficulty and customer satisfaction would be increased out of
> proportion to the effort involved.
>
> If enough people agree I will generate an appropriate RFE and see where
> it gets us.
>
> Peter HB
I think this would be great except there are an awful lot of printers out
there. Not all listedby CUPS, ETC. I use an Epson CX6600 all-in-one, and it
is rarely listed.
I have many problems printing startard #10 and #6 envelopes, plus custom
sizes.
--
russbucket

[discuss] Re: Re: Envelope Printing

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 09:14 -0800, russbucket wrote:

> Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>
> > The number of times we see questions relating to the difficulty of
> > printing envelopes - often compared with the ease of use of other
> > products - suggests that it would be useful to automate the process.
> >
> > A simple, extensible database of printers, holding manufacturers, types
> > and envelope printing position(s), would enable this with no great
> > difficulty and customer satisfaction would be increased out of
> > proportion to the effort involved.
> >
> > If enough people agree I will generate an appropriate RFE and see where
> > it gets us.
> >
> > Peter HB
> I think this would be great except there are an awful lot of printers out
> there. Not all listedby CUPS, ETC. I use an Epson CX6600 all-in-one, and it
> is rarely listed.
> I have many problems printing startard #10 and #6 envelopes, plus custom
> sizes.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/ is a great resource. On a quick google
search it seems that using the 6400 driver is the key.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead