./dmake: Permission Denied

Alexandre Laforest
Greetings

I'm trying to build OOo b680 and after running the 'configure' and the 'bootstrap' scripts, I should be ready to build. But, still in tcsh shell, I type

    $SRC_ROOT> dmake

but I get this error:

    ./dmake: Permission denied

I browsed and queried the dev mailing list and only found an old 2001 post:

    http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev <http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=1118> &msgNo=1118

I tried the suggested fix (rehashing and/or re-sourcing 'winenv.set') to no avail.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Alexandre Laforest

Re: ./dmake: Permission Denied

Chris Harrington-2
Do an "ls -lpa" in your Cygwin window for that directory and see who the
owner is. I had originally installed Cygwin as a different Windows user
and it caused a very similar issue. I had to chown the tree to get the
permissions correct.

--Chris