dmake and epm

Jim Jagielski
Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
below Github pages:

   o https://github.com/jimjag/epm
   o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake

I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
in my forks.

Just topic for discussion and chewing over

Re: dmake and epm

Dave Fisher
Hi Jim,

I wanted to validate build instructions. Should I take these two from your github for my MacOS Sierra environment?

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
> below Github pages:
>
>   o https://github.com/jimjag/epm
>   o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake
>
> I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
> some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
> latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
> the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
> the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
> in my forks.
>
> Just topic for discussion and chewing over

[Build] XCodeLegacy - Re: dmake and epm

Dave Fisher
Hi Jim,

I’m hung up on what I should do with https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy

What should I download before I run the scripts? Which form of the command should I use?

BTW - this requirement is only mentioned in the build release script.

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 23, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jim,

I wanted to validate build instructions. Should I take these two from your github for my MacOS Sierra environment?

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
below Github pages:

 o https://github.com/jimjag/epm
 o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake

I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
in my forks.

Just topic for discussion and chewing over

Re: [Build] XCodeLegacy - Re: dmake and epm

Jim Jagielski
Actually, if you have Xcode7 or Xcode8, there is no need for
Xcodelegacy at all.

All Xcodelegacy does is obtain older macOS SDKs and installs them
in Xcode. But we use the latest SDK available (via configure). So
Xcodelegacy is not a requirement/dependency per se. It's just
useful in case we get into a situation where we need to
use an older SDK rather than the latest.

> On Oct 24, 2017, at 6:00 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> I’m hung up on what I should do with https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy <https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy>
>
> What should I download before I run the scripts? Which form of the command should I use?
>
> BTW - this requirement is only mentioned in the build release script.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 23, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I wanted to validate build instructions. Should I take these two from your github for my MacOS Sierra environment?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
>>> below Github pages:
>>>
>>>  o https://github.com/jimjag/epm <https://github.com/jimjag/epm>
>>>  o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake <https://github.com/jimjag/dmake>
>>>
>>> I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
>>> some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
>>> latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
>>> the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
>>> the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
>>> in my forks.
>>>
>>> Just topic for discussion and chewing over

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: dmake and epm

Jim Jagielski
You can. I used the downloads mentioned in the macOS build script
for AOO414.

The version of dmake isn't important. The version of epm *is*
(it must be 4.3 or later) because it allows for direct building
of dmg's w/o requiring a long deprecated support application
which is no longer available.

> On Oct 23, 2017, at 8:38 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> I wanted to validate build instructions. Should I take these two from your github for my MacOS Sierra environment?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
>> below Github pages:
>>
>>  o https://github.com/jimjag/epm
>>  o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake
>>
>> I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
>> some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
>> latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
>> the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
>> the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
>> in my forks.
>>
>> Just topic for discussion and chewing over

Re: [Build] XCodeLegacy - Re: dmake and epm

Dave Fisher
Hi Jim,

Thanks. I have Xcode 9 which has the following:

$ xcodebuild -showsdks
iOS SDKs:
iOS 11.0                      -sdk iphoneos11.0

iOS Simulator SDKs:
Simulator - iOS 11.0          -sdk iphonesimulator11.0

macOS SDKs:
macOS 10.13                   -sdk macosx10.13

tvOS SDKs:
tvOS 11.0                     -sdk appletvos11.0

tvOS Simulator SDKs:
Simulator - tvOS 11.0         -sdk appletvsimulator11.0

watchOS SDKs:
watchOS 4.0                   -sdk watchos4.0

watchOS Simulator SDKs:
Simulator - watchOS 4.0       -sdk watchsimulator4.0

I modified configure to target 10.13 and adjusted the egrep:

sdk_found=`xcodebuild -showsdks | $EGREP "sdk macosx10.(10|11|12|13)" | sed -e "s/.*sdk //" | head -n1`

Also -
#   sdk_target=10.9
   sdk_target=10.13

The last means the environment variable MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET in the release script is not used.

On to the next issue with the category B downloads. Certificate store issues giving 500 errors.

Also, I noticed a version 5.5 of Tomcat ….

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> wrote:

Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
below Github pages:

o https://github.com/jimjag/epm <https://github.com/jimjag/epm>
o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake <https://github.com/jimjag/dmake>

I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
in my forks.

Just topic for discussion and chewing over

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: dmake and epm

Dave Fisher
Hi -

The epm version there is 3.7.

It can be configured as:

configure:1952:  --disable-epm           AOO includes self-packaging code, that requires
configure:1953:                          epm, however epm is useless for large scale
configure:2218:  --with-epm   Decides which epm to use. Default is to use
configure:2221:   epm will be built.
configure:2223:  --with-epm-url=<URL>    Specify the location of downloadable epm source code. For example:
configure:2224:                            https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/epm-3.7.tar.gz
configure:2226:                            http://epm.sourcearchive.com/downloads/3.7-1/epm_3.7.orig.tar.gz
configure:2227:                          Version 3.7 or later is required. Note that epm is under GPL license.

Any reason to make changes in configure, or should we warn?

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 25, 2017, at 5:34 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

With Xcode9, you do need to use Xcodelegacy.

> On Oct 25, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks. I have Xcode 9 which has the following:
>
> $ xcodebuild -showsdks
> iOS SDKs:
> iOS 11.0                       -sdk iphoneos11.0
>
> iOS Simulator SDKs:
> Simulator - iOS 11.0           -sdk iphonesimulator11.0
>
> macOS SDKs:
> macOS 10.13                   -sdk macosx10.13
>
> tvOS SDKs:
> tvOS 11.0                     -sdk appletvos11.0
>
> tvOS Simulator SDKs:
> Simulator - tvOS 11.0         -sdk appletvsimulator11.0
>
> watchOS SDKs:
> watchOS 4.0                   -sdk watchos4.0
>
> watchOS Simulator SDKs:
> Simulator - watchOS 4.0       -sdk watchsimulator4.0
>
> I modified configure to target 10.13 and adjusted the egrep:
>
> sdk_found=`xcodebuild -showsdks | $EGREP "sdk macosx10.(10|11|12|13)" | sed -e "s/.*sdk //" | head -n1`
>
> Also -
> #   sdk_target=10.9
>    sdk_target=10.13
>
> The last means the environment variable MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET in the release script is not used.
>
> On to the next issue with the category B downloads. Certificate store issues giving 500 errors.
>
> Also, I noticed a version 5.5 of Tomcat ….
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 25, 2017, at 5:32 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Actually, if you have Xcode7 or Xcode8, there is no need for
>> Xcodelegacy at all.
>>
>> All Xcodelegacy does is obtain older macOS SDKs and installs them
>> in Xcode. But we use the latest SDK available (via configure). So
>> Xcodelegacy is not a requirement/dependency per se. It's just
>> useful in case we get into a situation where we need to
>> use an older SDK rather than the latest.
>>
>>> On Oct 24, 2017, at 6:00 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> I’m hung up on what I should do with https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy <https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy> <https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy <https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy>>
>>>
>>> What should I download before I run the scripts? Which form of the command should I use?
>>>
>>> BTW - this requirement is only mentioned in the build release script.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 - REedlan

Dave Fisher
Hi -

I am now on Xcode 8.3.3. Cleaned up and reset.

I now I’m on an issues with Redland:

configure: error: Raptor  is too old - see http://librdf.org/raptor/ to get a 2.0.7 or newer
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmaccx.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_rasqal'

1 module(s):
redland
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/davewave/Development/aoo/main/redland/rasqal

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:

build --all:redland

Looking into this it looks bogus and I went past the check and now:

configure: error: Rasqal is not installed or too old - see http://librdf.org/rasqal/ to get a version in range 0.9.25 to 0.9.99
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmaccx.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_redland'

1 module(s):
redland
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/davewave/Development/aoo/main/redland/redland

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:

build --all:redland

Looks like I have something off in my environment.

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 25, 2017, at 8:19 AM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Dave Fisher
Hi Jim,

I’m building AOO 4.1.4 using macOS12 library and made it all the way to VCL where I get:

/Users/davewave/Development/aoo-4.1.4/main/vcl/aqua/source/dtrans/PictToBmpFlt.cxx:34:10: fatal error: 'QuickTime/QuickTime.h' file not found
#include <QuickTime/QuickTime.h>

Do I need to use XCodeLegacy and point to 10.7?

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 25, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Well this is a royal pain to setup.

I’ve done the xcodelegacy and have installed the 10.7 and 10.9 SDKs.

I have a fresh copy of the branch AOO414. I run and now it cannot find python headers.

checking which python to use... compiling against system python (/usr/bin/python)
compiling against system python (version 2.7)
checking Python.h usability... no
checking Python.h presence... no
checking for Python.h... no
configure: error: Python headers not found

I need help. What the heck happened to my Python setup?

Thanks,
Dave

On Oct 26, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

sdk 10.9 lacks Python. No idea why.

Install sdk 10.11 and configure should find and use that one.

All this is fixed in trunk.

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> Well this is a royal pain to setup.
>
> I’ve done the xcodelegacy and have installed the 10.7 and 10.9 SDKs.
>
> I have a fresh copy of the branch AOO414. I run and now it cannot find python headers.
>
> checking which python to use... compiling against system python (/usr/bin/python)
> compiling against system python (version 2.7)
> checking Python.h usability... no
> checking Python.h presence... no
> checking for Python.h... no
> configure: error: Python headers not found
>
> I need help. What the heck happened to my Python setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> I’m building AOO 4.1.4 using macOS12 library and made it all the way to VCL where I get:
>>
>> /Users/davewave/Development/aoo-4.1.4/main/vcl/aqua/source/dtrans/PictToBmpFlt.cxx:34:10: fatal error: 'QuickTime/QuickTime.h' file not found
>> #include <QuickTime/QuickTime.h>
>>
>> Do I need to use XCodeLegacy and point to 10.7?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Oct 25, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> I am now on Xcode 8.3.3. Cleaned up and reset.
>>>
>>> I now I’m on an issues with Redland:
>>>
>>> configure: error: Raptor  is too old - see http://librdf.org/raptor/ <http://librdf.org/raptor/> to get a 2.0.7 or newer
>>> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmaccx.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_rasqal'
>>>
>>> 1 module(s):
>>> redland
>>> need(s) to be rebuilt
>>>
>>> Reason(s):
>>>
>>> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/davewave/Development/aoo/main/redland/rasqal
>>>
>>> When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:
>>>
>>> build --all:redland
>>>
>>> Looking into this it looks bogus and I went past the check and now:
>>>
>>> configure: error: Rasqal is not installed or too old - see http://librdf.org/rasqal/ <http://librdf.org/rasqal/> to get a version in range 0.9.25 to 0.9.99
>>> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmaccx.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_redland'
>>>
>>> 1 module(s):
>>> redland
>>> need(s) to be rebuilt
>>>
>>> Reason(s):
>>>
>>> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/davewave/Development/aoo/main/redland/redland
>>>
>>> When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:
>>>
>>> build --all:redland
>>>
>>> Looks like I have something off in my environment.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Dave Fisher
Downloading the SDK now.

While I wait - I run from terminal are you running elsewhere?

On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]<[hidden email]> <[hidden email]<[hidden email]>>> wrote:

Just a FYI that I am tracking dmake and epm on the
below Github pages:

o https://github.com/jimjag/epm <https://github.com/jimjag/epm> <https://github.com/jimjag/epm <https://github.com/jimjag/epm>>
o https://github.com/jimjag/dmake <https://github.com/jimjag/dmake> <https://github.com/jimjag/dmake <https://github.com/jimjag/dmake>>

I know we are moving away from dmake, but IMO it'll take
some time for that to be complete. Plus, updating to the
latest version of EPM is useful (it's the ONLY way to build
the macOS versions now, for example), but we also need
the AOO-specific patches in there. Which are included
in my forks.

Just topic for discussion and chewing over

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Jim Jagielski
I also run from the Terminal... well, iTerm.

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 8:08 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Downloading the SDK now.
>
> While I wait - I run from terminal are you running elsewhere?
>
>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 4:59 PM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> sdk 10.9 lacks Python. No idea why.
>>
>> Install sdk 10.11 and configure should find and use that one.
>>
>> All this is fixed in trunk.
>>
>>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> Well this is a royal pain to setup.
>>>
>>> I’ve done the xcodelegacy and have installed the 10.7 and 10.9 SDKs.
>>>
>>> I have a fresh copy of the branch AOO414. I run and now it cannot find python headers.
>>>
>>> checking which python to use... compiling against system python (/usr/bin/python)
>>> compiling against system python (version 2.7)
>>> checking Python.h usability... no
>>> checking Python.h presence... no
>>> checking for Python.h... no
>>> configure: error: Python headers not found
>>>
>>> I need help. What the heck happened to my Python setup?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dave

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Dave Fisher
Hi Jim,

OK. That helped, but now I am stuck because in odk and javadoc generation.

dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxmaccx.pro/bin/odkcommon/docs/java/ref/index.html'
dmake:  '../../unxmaccx.pro/bin/odkcommon/docs/java/ref/index.html' removed.

1 module(s):
odk
need(s) to be rebuilt

I think I need to switch to JDK 7, but that is no longer easy. Do you have any advice?

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <[hidden email]><[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]><[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>> wrote:

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Jim Jagielski
Attached is the build script I've been using (also in devtools/build-scripts):
it describes the env and the programs installed (and versions)... I do use Java7

#!/bin/sh
### 4.1.2 Script:
### 4.1.2 Script: echo "### Configure"
### 4.1.2 Script: ./configure \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S (%a, %d %b %Y)")" \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --enable-verbose \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --enable-category-b \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --enable-wiki-publisher \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --without-stlport \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-dmake-path=/Users/jsc/dev/tools/bin/dmake \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-epm=/Users/jsc/dev/tools/bin/epm/epm \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-openldap \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-junit=/Users/jsc/dev/tools/junit/junit-4.11.jar \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-packager-list=/Users/jsc/dev/svn/aoo-build-pack.lst
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-jdk-home=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_67.jdk/Contents/Home \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-ant-home=/Users/jsc/dev/tools/apache-ant-1.9.3/dist \
### 4.1.2 Script:              --with-lang="kid ast bg ca ca-XR ca-XV cs da de el en-GB en-US es eu fi fr gd gl he hi hu it ja km ko lt nb nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi zh-CN zh-TW"
### 4.1.2 Script:
### 4.1.2 Script:
#
# Build-script for AOO 4.1.x on OSX 10.12
#
# System Setup:
#  XCode 8.3.3 (Updated w/ https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy.git)
#
# Local Changes:
#   MacPorts:
#     o apache-ant (1.9.9)
#     o gnutar (1.29) (symlink gnutar to gtar)
#     o perl5 (perl5.22)
#     o p5-archive-*
#     o p5-lwp-*
#     o p5-xml-parser
#
#   Oracle JAVA 1.7 JDK
#
#   /usr/local:
#     o dmake
#         http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
#         ./configure --prefix=/usr/local ; make install
#     o epm
#         http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.3-source.tar.gz
#         $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local ; make install
#
#     o openssl (1.0.2j)
#         https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2j.tar.gz
#         $ export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.7
#         $ ./Configure darwin64-x86_64-cc no-shared --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local ; make install
#
#   Env:
#     LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
#     C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
#     CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
#     MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.7
#     PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:.
#
#   Notes:
#     o openssl required for serf; we build non-shared so all
#       linkings are to the static libs
#
#     o JDK 1.7 seems to work better; and it's always best to
#       have just *one* version of te JDK installed.
#

if [ ! -d ../main -o ! -d sal ] ; then
        echo "CHDIR into AOO's main/ directory first!"
        exit 1
fi

if [ -z "$JAVA_HOME" ] ; then
        JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7)
fi
if [ ! -d "$JAVA_HOME" ] ; then
    echo "JAVA_HOME not found: $JAVA_HOME"
    exit 1
fi
export JAVA_HOME
echo "JAVA_HOME is: $JAVA_HOME..."

if [ -z "$ANT_HOME" ] ; then
        ANT_HOME=/usr/local/share/java/apache-ant
fi
if [ ! -d "$ANT_HOME" ] ; then
    echo "ANT_HOME not found: $ANT_HOME"
    exit 1
fi
export ANT_HOME
echo "ANT_HOME is: $ANT_HOME..."

if [ -z "$JUNIT_PATH" ] ; then
        JUNIT_PATH=/usr/local/share/java/junit.jar
fi
if [ ! -e "$JUNIT_PATH" ] ; then
    echo "JUNIT_PATH not found: $JUNIT_PATH"
    exit 1
fi
export JUNIT_PATH
echo "JUNIT_PATH is: $JUNIT_PATH..."

if [ ! -e external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll ] ; then
        echo "Downloading unowinreg.dll..."
        curl -o external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll http://www.openoffice.org/tools/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dll
fi

LANGS="ast bg ca ca-XR ca-XV cs da de el en-GB en-US es eu fi fr gd gl he hi hu it ja km ko lt nb nl pl pt pt-BR ru sk sl sr sv ta th tr vi zh-CN zh-TW"

if [ ! -e configure -o configure.in -nt configure ] ; then
        echo "Running autoconf..."
        autoconf || exit 1
fi
./configure   \
    --with-build-version="$(date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S (%a, %d %b %Y)") - `uname -sm`" \
        --with-vendor="Apache OpenOffice Community Build" \
        --enable-verbose \
        --with-openldap \
        --enable-category-b \
        --enable-bundled-dictionaries \
        --enable-wiki-publisher \
        --with-junit="$JUNIT_PATH" \
        --with-jdk-home="$JAVA_HOME" \
        --with-ant-home="$ANT_HOME" \
        --with-epm=/usr/local/bin/epm \
        --with-dmake-path=/usr/local/bin/dmake \
        --without-stlport \
        --with-package-format="installed dmg" \
        --disable-systray \
        --with-alloc=system \
        --with-lang="${LANGS}" \
        | tee config.out || exit 1

./bootstrap || exit 1
source ./MacOSXX64Env.Set.sh || exit 1
cd instsetoo_native
time perl "$SOLARENV/bin/build.pl" --all -- -P4 || exit 1
cd util
dmake ooolanguagepack || exit 1
dmake sdkoo_en-US || exit 1

date "+Build ended at %H:%M:%S"

> On Oct 27, 2017, at 1:13 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> OK. That helped, but now I am stuck because in odk and javadoc generation.
>
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxmaccx.pro/bin/odkcommon/docs/java/ref/index.html'
> dmake:  '../../unxmaccx.pro/bin/odkcommon/docs/java/ref/index.html' removed.
>
> 1 module(s):
> odk
> need(s) to be rebuilt
>
> I think I need to switch to JDK 7, but that is no longer easy. Do you have any advice?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 27, 2017, at 4:01 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> I also run from the Terminal... well, iTerm.
>>
>>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 8:08 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Downloading the SDK now.
>>>
>>> While I wait - I run from terminal are you running elsewhere?

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Dave Fisher
Hi Jim,

Thanks. Not quite what is in devtools, I’ll adjust.

That said here is something from my system:

$ /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7
Unable to find any JVMs matching version "1.7".
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk/Contents/Home

What is yours?

I guess I need to look further back on the legacy code page.

Regards,
Dave

On Oct 23, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>><[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>><[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>>> wrote:

On Oct 20, 2017, at 7:31 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>><[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>><[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>>> wrote:

[...]

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>>
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>><[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>>
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]> <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>>>>

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Jim Jagielski
Once I get the macOS stuff done, I'll update the Building on MacOSX
page[1]. I am trimming out all local mods to the bare bones.

1. https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_MacOsX <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_MacOsX>

Re: [Build] XCode 8.3.3 / 4.1.4 - quicktime.h header missing

Dave Fisher
I did Brew installs, but I suspect that MacPorts is the way to go.

I like what you did in comparing config.out …

I’ll validate on Sierra, I have Xcode7.3 and JDK7 ready.