do I need 2 disk images of Apache Open Office?

do I need 2 disk images of Apache Open Office?

Ron Slayton
I see in finder on my MacBook Pro that I have 2 disk images on my MacBook. Is that normal. years ago when I started using AOO I may have mistakingly loaded 2 versions, although I'm not sure. If I delete one version for disk space reasons is that likely anything negative could happen?

RonS

Re: do I need 2 disk images of Apache Open Office?

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi RonS

What is a disk image? OpenOffice is packed as one executable dmg file.

These questions are better asked on [hidden email].

All the best

Peter

On 13.11.18 01:22, Ron Slayton wrote:
> I see in finder on my MacBook Pro that I have 2 disk images on my MacBook. Is that normal. years ago when I started using AOO I may have mistakingly loaded 2 versions, although I'm not sure. If I delete one version for disk space reasons is that likely anything negative could happen?
>

> RonS

Re: do I need 2 disk images of Apache Open Office?

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2018-11-13 12:46 a.m., Peter Kovacs wrote:
> What is a disk image? OpenOffice is packed as one executable dmg file.

A .dmg file is a disk image.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

On 2018-11-12 6:22 p.m., Ron Slayton wrote:
> I see in finder on my MacBook Pro that I have 2 disk images on my MacBook. Is that normal. years ago when I started using AOO I may have mistakingly loaded 2 versions, although I'm not sure. If I delete one version for disk space reasons is that likely anything negative could happen?
>

> RonS

You do not need any .dmg files providing you properly installed Apache OpenOffice.

Check in your Applications folder for OpenOffice.org

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: do I need 2 disk images of Apache Open Office?

Ron Slayton
Thank you for your feed back.

RonS