doc vs docx

pat hanford
A company wants me to submit an article in docx form. I can not save an article in docx only doc. Is there an update?

Re: doc vs docx

Davy Elias -davyintermediary@gmail.com
Hi,

you can use online converter ----------
https://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-docx

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 2:34 PM pat hanford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A company wants me to submit an article in docx form. I can not save an
> article in docx only doc. Is there an update?
>
> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
> Windows 10

Re: doc vs docx

Peter Kovacs-3
On the development list, we discuss modern MS Office Formats from time
to time. And we have multiple Ideas on how we could improve the issue.

But currently the Discussions are maybe more a bundle of Ideas then a
real plan. I believe this topic will get more attention after we have
finally managed to release 4.2.0.

This my personal personal position and is not an aligned development list.

This does not help you much, but maybe it is nice to have some
impressions from the dev perspective.

Am 27.04.20 um 02:02 schrieb pat hanford:
> A company wants me to submit an article in docx form. I can not save an article in docx only doc. Is there an update?

Re: doc vs docx

Hagar Delest-2
Apache OpenOffice cannot save in OOXML (.docx).
Either use LibreOffice that supports this format or use MS Office.
OOXML has not been designed to be compatible with anything else than MS
Office. Thus, even LibreOffice may lead to glitches.
Welcome to the vendor lock-in policy.

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss replies.

Hagar

Le 27/04/2020 à 02:02, pat hanford a écrit :
> A company wants me to submit an article in docx form. I can not save an article in docx only doc. Is there an update?

Re: doc vs docx

Peter Kovacs-3
Imho you have a wide choice on Tools, if you need MS Support:

# WPS Office

# Free Office (Free Variant of Softmaker Office)

# G Suite from Google
<https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-microsoft-office-alternatives/#no1>

# Neo Office

# iWorks (Mac only)

The Market is rich on Solutions.

And most of them have also support for ODT Format.

Some you have to pay, others are Free.

AFAIK the quality varies, you should inform yourself.