download problem

Harry Rouch
Ob 02/25/2017 I downloaded Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3_MaxOS_x86 on my MacBook Air and have been unable to open it. It shows up in ln my downloads but when I click on it nothing happens.
I want to use thee programs. Can you help?

Harry Rouch [hidden email]

Re: download problem

chuck ef
I am assuming you are running into the Gatekeeper issue: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

AOO 4.1.3 Release Notes - Apache OpenOffice Community ...<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues>
cwiki.apache.org
General Remarks. Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 is a maintenance release incorporating important bug fixes, security fixes, updated dictionaries, and build fixes.

I have never had a problem opening the app once I told Gatekeeper to allow the install. There is however a known (I believe) problem where it will sometimes crash on opening - I just keep trying until it opens. I suspect there is some sort of resource conflict. This is rare problem but annoying. It will eventually open though.