download problem

Ted P Betley
Since I have downloaded 4.1.6 I can not get to my BROTHER printer. It is my default printer. I have checked with brother support twice as to why I can not print from a spreadsheet to the BROTHER printer it goes a HP printer that is not turned on. The Brother printer tested ok and will print the test page ok. I need this printer as it is a laser and I only use the HP for color work because the cost of the ink cartridges.
Please advise as how to correct this problem ASAP.

Ted Betley
260-205-3203

Re: download problem

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 16:16:11 +0000
Ted P Betley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since I have downloaded 4.1.6 I can not get to my BROTHER printer. It is my default printer. I have checked with brother support twice as to why I can not print from a spreadsheet to the BROTHER printer it goes a HP printer that is not turned on. The Brother printer tested ok and will print the test page ok. I need this printer as it is a laser and I only use the HP for color work because the cost of the ink cartridges.
> Please advise as how to correct this problem ASAP.
>
> Ted Betley
> 260-205-3203

A usual cure for occasional printer problems after OpenOffice upgrade on Windows 10 is to reinstall the printer drivers.  Check also that you are using the latest drivers from that manufacturer - check with their site and install by hand if necessary.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: download problem

Regina Henschel
Hi Ted,

Do you use the print button? If yes, then try printing using menu File >
Print... You get a dialog, where you can select the printer in the upper
part.

Does printing to BROTHER works then?

Kind regards
Regina

Ted P Betley schrieb am 05-Jan-19 um 17:16:

> Since I have downloaded 4.1.6 I can not get to my BROTHER printer. It is my default printer. I have checked with brother support twice as to why I can not print from a spreadsheet to the BROTHER printer it goes a HP printer that is not turned on. The Brother printer tested ok and will print the test page ok. I need this printer as it is a laser and I only use the HP for color work because the cost of the ink cartridges.
> Please advise as how to correct this problem ASAP.
>
> Ted Betley
> 260-205-3203

Re: download problem

WA.TWORSX via AOL
Hi Ted:

In addition to what others have suggested, you should check that your OS
has the Brother printer identified as the "default" printer.

Regards,

VinceB.