downloaded, but can't find Open Office!

Dick Giddings
I just started setting up my new HP laptop (Windows 10, i7, 8 gb RAM...).  I have downloaded from openoffice.org, after first uninstalling Office 365.
I can't find Open Office in downloads, program files, documents, et al.  So I downloaded again, and again, and....  It just doesn't show up.  Am I on "Candid Camera"?  This is spooky.
I have Open Office downloaded on my desktop computer, and it works fine.  It is also a Windows 10 computer.Dick "Bureaucracy is the crabgrass of government." (Enrico Fermi)

Re: downloaded, but can't find Open Office!

Marcus (OOo)
Am 18.08.2017 um 20:52 schrieb Dick Giddings:
> I just started setting up my new HP laptop (Windows 10, i7, 8 gb RAM...).  I have downloaded from openoffice.org, after first uninstalling Office 365.
> I can't find Open Office in downloads, program files, documents, et al.  So I downloaded again, and again, and....  It just doesn't show up.  Am I on "Candid Camera"?  This is spooky.
> I have Open Office downloaded on my desktop computer, and it works fine.  It is also a Windows 10 computer.Dick "Bureaucracy is the crabgrass of government." (Enrico Fermi)

when you download OpenOffice, a file dialog is shown in your browser.
Here you should have the option to save it to a location of your choice.
The easiest would be to save it to the desktop of the currently
logged-in user. Then it shows up immediatelly on the desktop.

Otherwise you can search for the already downloaded file(s) - in the
worst case over the whole harddisk (e.g., search for "Apache_OpenOffice_*").

HTH

Marcus