downloading Writer

RICHARD LOVAAS
The installation cancels when I try to download.  Sometimes it says there's a Writer file open; other times it says there's a new version available.

I've been using the Open Office, but it stopped working.  So I removed it from the computer.  Now I can't reload it.

Re: downloading Writer

Alan Boba-2
The process seems a little out of order. Usually, download then install.

If there is a "run or download" prompt presented when the download is
started, click the download button. Once download finishes, run the
installation.

If this still fails with similar message to those you already get, and
you're using Windows, start taskmanager (taskmgr.exe), look for soffice in
the task list and kill it. Then try again to run the downloaded file.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011