duplicate messages

Margaret Stanley
I am getting duplicate messages BUT NOT ALL messages are duplicated.
I have not analysed it but I think duplicates are usually the replies
to questions which come only once. They are definitely duplicates as
they have the same time stamp as well as the same content.

For example I have 2 copies of each of

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:06:32 +0100
From: Thomas Lange <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [users]  Thesaurus for English UK

  and of

To: [hidden email]
From: Frank Thomas <[hidden email]>
Date:  Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:52:25 +0100
Sender: news <[hidden email]>
Subject: [users]  Thesaurus for English UK

But I get a single copy of other messages, so I cannot be subscribed twice.

How can I turn off the duplicates?

Margaret Stanley

Re: duplicate messages

CPHennessy
On Thu November 17 2005 11:05, Margaret Stanley wrote:

> I am getting duplicate messages BUT NOT ALL messages are duplicated.
> I have not analysed it but I think duplicates are usually the replies
> to questions which come only once. They are definitely duplicates as
> they have the same time stamp as well as the same content.
>
> For example I have 2 copies of each of
>
> Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:06:32 +0100
> From: Thomas Lange <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: [hidden email]

This may be an issue with the news group gateway you use.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ