e-mail

The Haydons
11/9/2010

I downloaded an update for Windows Live Mail yesterday and now Open Office can not longer find it. It say “Live Mail was unable find a working configuration”.

The updated Live Mail is working fine in other respects.

Re: e-mail

Simon Brouwer
Op 9-11-2010 11:51, The Haydons schreef:
> 11/9/2010
>
> I downloaded an update for Windows Live Mail yesterday and now Open Office can not longer find it. It say “Live Mail was unable find a working configuration”.
Are you sure? That message doesn't say OpenOffice.org can't find Live
Mail. It says Live Mail can't find something.

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.

| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |

Re: e-mail

The Haydons
Sorry, you’re right.  It says OpenOffice.org was unable to find a working e-mail configuration.  Sorry, I was up for hours last night trying to solve the problem.

Paula

Op 9-11-2010 11:51, The Haydons schreef:
> 11/9/2010
>
> I downloaded an update for Windows Live Mail yesterday and now Open Office can not longer find it. It say “Live  was unable find a working configuration”.
Are you sure? That message doesn't say OpenOffice.org can't find Live
Mail. It says Live Mail can't find something.

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.

| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |

Re: e-mail

Simon Brouwer
Op 9-11-2010 11:51, The Haydons schreef:
> 11/9/2010
>
> I downloaded an update for Windows Live Mail yesterday and now Open Office can not longer find it. It say “Live Mail was unable find a working configuration”.
>
> The updated Live Mail is working fine in other respects.
Check if Live Mail is set as your default program for email in Windows
(you did not say which version of Windows you have but you probably have
to look for this option in the "software" section of the Control Panel).

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.

| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |

Re: e-mail

The Haydons
We have Widows 7 Home 64.

The default is set.

I went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs, checked Windows Live Mail, and then clicked Set This program As Default

I set it again – no change.

I’m at a loss.

Op 9-11-2010 11:51, The Haydons schreef:
> 11/9/2010
>
> I downloaded an update for Windows Live Mail yesterday and now Open Office can not longer find it. It say “Live Mail was unable find a working configuration”.
>
> The updated Live Mail is working fine in other respects.
Check if Live Mail is set as your default program for email in Windows
(you did not say which version of Windows you have but you probably have
to look for this option in the "software" section of the Control Panel).

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.

| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |

Re: e-mail

Harold Fuchs-8
On 09/11/2010 23:54, The Haydons wrote:

> We have Widows 7 Home 64.
>
> The default is set.
>
> I went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs, checked Windows Live Mail, and then clicked Set This program As Default
>
> I set it again – no change.
>
> I’m at a loss.

When you set it as the default, was it actually running? Try the following:
1. Quit Live Mail
2. Set Live Mail as the default
3. Reboot Windows
4. Check that Live Mail is the default. If not then, sorry, I give up
and you'll need a local guru to have a look at your system. If Live Mail
is the default ...
5. Try OOo again and check that you can do what you want to do. If it
still doesn't work, come back here hoping that someone more
knowledgeable than me will be able to help.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

Re: e-mail

The Haydons
Sorry, it didn’t help.  Thanks for the thoughts.
Paula