enquiry about font license coverage

Rebecca Martin

Hello,

I am using open office to write my book which I intend to self publish in print form. I am using the font segoe print and I made enquires to LuLu publishing who I intend to use, if this was ok, they said it should be covered under the open office license but I should check with you.

Can you let me know if I am ok to proceed with printing my book,

Many thank
Rebecca Martin

Re: enquiry about font license coverage

Martin Groenescheij
OpenOffice use the fonts of your operating system, hence the licence should be covered by your operating system.

> On 20 Jul 2018, at 8:17 pm, Rebecca Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> I am using open office to write my book which I intend to self publish in print form. I am using the font segoe print and I made enquires to LuLu publishing who I intend to use, if this was ok, they said it should be covered under the open office license but I should check with you.
>
> Can you let me know if I am ok to proceed with printing my book,
>
> Many thank
> Rebecca Martin

Re: enquiry about font license coverage

jonathon-3
On 20/07/18 10:17 AM, Rebecca Martin wrote:
> I am using open office to write my book which I intend to self publish in print form. I am using the font segoe print
> Can you let me know if I am ok to proceed with printing my book,

Segoe appears to be distributed by Microsoft, INC. As such, you'd have
to contact them, for a copy of the terms and conditions relating to
licensing the font for use in commercially distributed material, for
both digital and hard copy formats.

Neither Apache Open Office nor The Apache Foundation have anything to do
with distribution with that font, and as such, are unable to provide
advice about either the legality, or usability of that font.

jonathon