exception logging and handling

Dan Corneanu
Hi,
I have noticed that if some exceptions are not caught and logged in the
java implementation of the UCP, the UNO framework will say nothing about
them (no default logging no nothing). Is there some kind of catch all
mechanism for a UNO component? something like a default Error/Exception
handler where you get a chance of logging the exception before the
execution goes back into the UNO runtime code?

Best regards,
Dan.

--
Dan Corneanu
Sava Technologies SRL

Phone: +40 256 201269, +40 356 101412
Mobile: +40 721 723604
E-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.savatech.ro

Re: exception logging and handling

Kai Sommerfeld
Hi Dan,

On 29.06.10 09:28, Dan Corneanu wrote:
> Hi,
> I have noticed that if some exceptions are not caught and logged in the
> java implementation of the UCP, the UNO framework will say nothing about
> them (no default logging no nothing). Is there some kind of catch all
> mechanism for a UNO component? something like a default Error/Exception
> handler where you get a chance of logging the exception before the
> execution goes back into the UNO runtime code?

  To my best knowledge, no.

- Kai.

On 6/29/2010 10:42 AM, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On 29.06.10 09:28, Dan Corneanu wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have noticed that if some exceptions are not caught and logged in the
>> java implementation of the UCP, the UNO framework will say nothing about
>> them (no default logging no nothing). Is there some kind of catch all
>> mechanism for a UNO component? something like a default Error/Exception
>> handler where you get a chance of logging the exception before the
>> execution goes back into the UNO runtime code?
>>
>  To my best knowledge, no.
>
> - Kai.

Then I guess, if I need to throw an exception from the UCP
implementation I have to logg it first then throw it.

On 29.06.10 09:56, Dan Corneanu wrote:

> On 6/29/2010 10:42 AM, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> On 29.06.10 09:28, Dan Corneanu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have noticed that if some exceptions are not caught and logged in the
>>> java implementation of the UCP, the UNO framework will say nothing about
>>> them (no default logging no nothing). Is there some kind of catch all
>>> mechanism for a UNO component? something like a default Error/Exception
>>> handler where you get a chance of logging the exception before the
>>> execution goes back into the UNO runtime code?
>>>
>>   To my best knowledge, no.
>>
>> - Kai.
>>

> Then I guess, if I need to throw an exception from the UCP
> implementation I have to logg it first then throw it.

  This is, what I would do.

- Kai.