extension problem

Colin Johnson

Hi

I am trying to download the English Dictionary by Marco A G Pinto placed on site 26/2/18.

However the download never happens I get either itemnot found or a long running script and the browser locks.

Is there currently a problem with this item

Many thanks for any help you can give

Colin

Re: extension problem

Martin Groenescheij
I forward your mail to the developers list:

Error message from Sourceforge: The
"/17102/39/dict-en-20..dict-en-20180301.oxt" file could not be found or
is not available. Please select another file.

On 15/03/18 12:15 AM, Colin Johnson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to download the English Dictionary by Marco A G Pinto placed on site 26/2/18.
>
> However the download never happens I get either itemnot found or a long running script and the browser locks.
>
> Is there currently a problem with this item
>
> Many thanks for any help you can give
>

> Colin

Re: extension problem

Daniels
GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forward your mail to the developers list:

Error message from Sourceforge: The
"/17102/39/dict-en-20..dict-en-20180301.oxt" file could not be found or
is not available. Please select another file.

On 15/03/18 12:15 AM, Colin Johnson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to download the English Dictionary by Marco A G Pinto placed
> on site 26/2/18.
>
> However the download never happens I get either itemnot found or a long
> running script and the browser locks.
>
> Is there currently a problem with this item
>
> Many thanks for any help you can give
>

> Colin

---

Re: extension problem

Andrea Pescetti-2
Martin Groenescheij wrote:
> I forward your mail to the developers list:
>
> Error message from Sourceforge: The
> "/17102/39/dict-en-20..dict-en-20180301.oxt" file could not be found or
> is not available. Please select another file.

This has already been discussed, for example, here (link to dev list
archives):
https://s.apache.org/xJi5

In short, the Extensions site is hosted at SourceForge. SourceForge
changed their datacenter last month; the transition was quite painful,
as you can see in the list of tweets they posted here
https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops - and some bugs are probably still being
ironed out. SourceForge employees monitor this list (the dev list) so
this is the correct way to report issues.

Currently, downloads of recent releases of the extensions (not only the
English dictionary, even if it is the most prominent) are broken. Old
releases still work, as anybody can verify here:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: extension problem

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:29:38 -0400
Dave Brondsema <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/14/18 6:08 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > Martin Groenescheij wrote:
> >> I forward your mail to the developers list:
> >>
> >> Error message from Sourceforge: The
> >> "/17102/39/dict-en-20..dict-en-20180301.oxt" file could not be found or is not
> >> available. Please select another file.
> >
> > This has already been discussed, for example, here (link to dev list archives):
> > https://s.apache.org/xJi5
> >
> > In short, the Extensions site is hosted at SourceForge. SourceForge changed
> > their datacenter last month; the transition was quite painful, as you can see in
> > the list of tweets they posted here https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops - and some
> > bugs are probably still being ironed out. SourceForge employees monitor this
> > list (the dev list) so this is the correct way to report issues.
> >
> > Currently, downloads of recent releases of the extensions (not only the English
> > dictionary, even if it is the most prominent) are broken. Old releases still
> > work, as anybody can verify here:
> > https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
> >

> This dictionary download should work now.
>

> --
> Dave Brondsema : [hidden email]
> http://www.brondsema.net : personal
> http://www.splike.com : programming
>               <><

Just checked - working now.  Thank you!  (But I did spelink at skuul!)

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: extension problem

Dave Brondsema
On 3/15/18 6:57 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>> On 3/14/18 6:08 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> Currently, downloads of recent releases of the extensions (not only the English
>>> dictionary, even if it is the most prominent) are broken. ...
>>> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice
>>>

>> This dictionary download should work now.
>
> Thanks, this one works now. In terms of users, the English dictionary was
> obviously the most important one to fix, but I still see issues with the most
> recent releases of other extensions. A convenient way to find them is the
> https://twitter.com/aooextensions Twitter feed.
>
> For example, https://t.co/sZTK7wwASJ and https://t.co/HV0HdhJLGR (listed there)
> are still broken. And others from that list are broken too. But I guess it's
> just a matter of moving them to the right place now.

The other extensions are fixed now too.

Cheers,