file serialization entry point

Kira Tsu
Hi,

I'm completely new to OpenOffice and was grok'ing around to find the code
that serializes spreadsheet files.  Can someone point me in the right
direction, please?  Where in the codebase does it parse into memory and
save out XLSX files?

Thanks!

Re: file serialization entry point

Damjan Jovanovic
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 2:30 AM Kira Tsu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new to OpenOffice and was grok'ing around to find the code
> that serializes spreadsheet files.  Can someone point me in the right
> direction, please?  Where in the codebase does it parse into memory and
> save out XLSX files?
>
> Thanks!

Hi

Apache OpenOffice never saves XLSX because its XLSX filter doesn't
implement saving. The reading-only filter is largely in main/oox.

Other spreadsheet filters, eg. for the legacy XLS format which can save,
are in main/sc/source/filter.

Some information on filter architecture and development can be found at:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_filters_using_the_XML_based_file_format
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OfficeDev/Integrating_Import_and_Export_Filters

Other Apache projects that may be of interest are http://poi.apache.org/
which reads and writes many Microsoft document file formats in Java.

All the best
Damjan

Re: file serialization entry point

Peter Kovacs-3
I think Poi can also work with odt files.

Am 30.07.20 um 04:26 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 2:30 AM Kira Tsu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm completely new to OpenOffice and was grok'ing around to find the code
>> that serializes spreadsheet files.  Can someone point me in the right
>> direction, please?  Where in the codebase does it parse into memory and
>> save out XLSX files?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> Hi
>
> Apache OpenOffice never saves XLSX because its XLSX filter doesn't
> implement saving. The reading-only filter is largely in main/oox.
>
> Other spreadsheet filters, eg. for the legacy XLS format which can save,
> are in main/sc/source/filter.
>
> Some information on filter architecture and development can be found at:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_filters_using_the_XML_based_file_format
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OfficeDev/Integrating_Import_and_Export_Filters
>
> Other Apache projects that may be of interest are http://poi.apache.org/
> which reads and writes many Microsoft document file formats in Java.
>
> All the best
> Damjan

Re: file serialization entry point

Bidouille
Remember that Microsoft Office can read ODF since 2016 edition.
So, this is useless to save into XLSX format.

> I'm completely new to OpenOffice and was grok'ing around to find the
> code
> that serializes spreadsheet files.  Can someone point me in the right
> direction, please?  Where in the codebase does it parse into memory
> and
> save out XLSX files?
>
> Thanks!

Re: file serialization entry point

Nathan Rosenburg
What are.???

Attention!!

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020, 4:06 AM Bidouille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Remember that Microsoft Office can read ODF since 2016 edition.
> So, this is useless to save into XLSX format.

Thank you so much for the high-level information here!  I don't think I
would have figured that out anytime soon.  I'll check out Poi.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:06 AM Nathan Rosenburg <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are.???
>
> Attention!!
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020, 4:06 AM Bidouille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Remember that Microsoft Office can read ODF since 2016 edition.
> > So, this is useless to save into XLSX format.

Under the privacy act.1974

In my regards proof read!!