footnote/endnote

Robert W. Burke
Dear Folks:

Thank you for Open Office.

I have Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on a macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6..

The footnote/endnote icon does not work. It is displayed but as a dim icon, not like the rest of the icons on the tool bar that do work. I went to the Customize Toolbar, clicked a checkmark in the blue field, which it already was, went back to the Writer page and it did not change from its dim icon. I have to go to Insert to place a footnote. The footnote/endnote function is very important to me. I wrote a paper that is 150 pages long with 500 foot notes. Oh my. That, and the pdf function that I can attach to an email are major features for me.

I used an early Open Office for many years, before Apache became involved. LibraOffice came along and it worked and I figured, what the hey. It worked and the icons were colorful.  But they created a new version with stark icons that remind me of a cemetery. I went back to Open Office the current Apache version because of the colorful icons and now the footnote/endnote icon does not work. I regret not keeping the original Open Office version I down loaded many years ago since it worked just fine for my use. More Oh my.

I have contacted the Community Forum with responses, but no cures.

If you could direct me to an earlier version of Open Office where every thing works, I may want to down load it. My use is simple, I use Writer and almost nothing else.

I purchased an OpenOffice cd and a LibraOffice cd on the internet. I am using that OpenOffice from that cd.

Thank you.

Bless Your Heart,
Robert W. Burke

Documentation/How Tos/Calc: FREQUENCY function - Apache OpenOffice ...

Re: footnote/endnote

David Robley

You didn't mention in your post on the forum that you  hadn't sourced AOO from the official download site - http://www.openoffice.org/download/ - which is free. It is not impossible that the package you received is not what you would get from the official site; consider downloading the genuine thing and see if your issue is resolved.

Copied to OP who is not subscribed to the list.

On 9/12/18 12:46 pm, Robert W. Burke wrote:
[...]

Cheers
--
David Robley

"That's an ugly hippopotamus!" said Tom hypocritically.