framework::TransactionManager::getGlobalTransactionManager() unused?

framework::TransactionManager::getGlobalTransactionManager() unused?

David Tardon
Hello,

it appears the said static function was added in changeset
21070:0f32e3efa858, but has never been used anywhere. It's description
says "Sometimes we need the global member! (e.g. in our own static
methods)", but all evidence shows to the contrary: nobody needed it at
all in nine years :) Perhaps it can be removed now.

D.

Re: framework::TransactionManager::getGlobalTransactionManager() unused?

Carsten Driesner
David Tardon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it appears the said static function was added in changeset
> 21070:0f32e3efa858, but has never been used anywhere. It's description
> says "Sometimes we need the global member! (e.g. in our own static
> methods)", but all evidence shows to the contrary: nobody needed it at
> all in nine years :) Perhaps it can be removed now.

Hi David,

if you are sure that the function is not used in the current code line
than you can definitely remove it.

Regards,
Carsten