generating PDFs with anchors in it - is that possible ?

generating PDFs with anchors in it - is that possible ?

developer-8
Hi,

I am trying out how I can generate a text document, so that when I export as PDF, and publish it on a website, I can use a link to a section or place in the PDF document.
E.g. like: http://www.mywebsite.com/OOIsGreat.pdf#results
or like http://www.mywebsite.com/OOIsGreat.pdf#nameddest=results

I.e. what I mean, is that I am able to create an anchor in my text document, so that when I export as PDF, it is transformed into an anchor in PDF or a so-called "named destination".

Is that possible ?

Many thanks in advance

Jozef

Re: generating PDFs with anchors in it - is that possible ?

CPHennessy
On Tue November 29 2005 21:14, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying out how I can generate a text document, so that when I export
> as PDF, and publish it on a website, I can use a link to a section or place
> in the PDF document. E.g. like:
> http://www.mywebsite.com/OOIsGreat.pdf#results
> or like http://www.mywebsite.com/OOIsGreat.pdf#nameddest=results
>
> I.e. what I mean, is that I am able to create an anchor in my text
> document, so that when I export as PDF, it is transformed into an anchor in
> PDF or a so-called "named destination".
>
> Is that possible ?

I do not think that this is possible. Does Acrobat Reader support this
functionality ?
Probably a better alternative is to generate a hyperlinked table of contents
in your document.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ