google soc

Bruce D'Arcus

FYI, on Mozilla and Mono and Google's Summer of Code:

<http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2006/Apr-13.html>

Bruce

Re: google soc

Matt Price-3

Sorry, I've lost the thread in which google's Sumemr of Code 2006 was
discussed.  I think it would be good to add something to the "Ideas"
wiki page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SummerOfCode2006#Writer

but I'm not sure exactly what would be appropriate. Ideally I'd have
imagined asking an applicant to build on CPH's work & use his code
documentation to add the new citation functionality to writer. However
this may be premature.

In general, what kind of programming help do y'all (esp. the leads)
think would be most beneficial to the project, and also which might
actually have a dev mentor available to help?

matt

Re: google soc

Bruce D'Arcus

On Apr 24, 2006, at 12:13 PM, Matt Price wrote:

> Ideally I'd have imagined asking an applicant to build on CPH's work &
> use his code
> documentation to add the new citation functionality to writer.

I agree. But while I could help advise on some of the conceptual
details of, say, porting citeproc to Python or C++, CPH would have to
be the primary advisor. Not sure if he has the time or not.

David is planning on adding some stuff to the SOC wiki page.

Bruce