hello

hello,
Please i have a PDF file that i saved on my Desktop and i am trying to open it with Openoffice 4.1.3 but he
Did not open.please how can i do it?

Re: hello

Keith N. McKenna
On 8/16/2017 7:27 AM, hello, wrote:
> Please i have a PDF file that i saved on my Desktop and i am trying to open it with Openoffice 4.1.3 but he
> Did not open.please how can i do it?

Apache OpenOffice does not open PDF files natively. You can add the
extension PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice from
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice

Regards
Keith

Re: hello

Martin Groenescheij

On 16/08/17 10:28 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> On 8/16/2017 7:27 AM, hello, wrote:
>> Please i have a PDF file that i saved on my Desktop and i am trying to open it with Openoffice 4.1.3 but he
>> Did not open.please how can i do it?
>>

> Apache OpenOffice does not open PDF files natively. You can add the
> extension PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice from
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice

This extension only works in Draw and the quality depend much of the
complexity and security settings of the PDF file.
If the PDF file is a scanned document there is no success at all.

> Regards
> Keith

Re: hello

Johnny Rosenberg
Is there a special reason why you want to open it with Apache OpenOffice?
You can't just open it with your PDF reader?

If you want to edit it, since you obviously created the file in the first
place, maybe with Apache OpenOffice, I suggest that you open the original
file (ODT or whatever format you usually use), edit it, save it and export
it as a new PDF.

If you didn't keep the original file, remember to do that with documents
you create in the future to avoid this problem. Today's disk drives are so
big that you could store millions of text documents on them, so don't erase
documents just to save space.

And as always, do backups every day. I know, that's another issue, but it
can't be pointed out enough…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

> Please i have a PDF file that i saved on my Desktop and i am trying to
> open it with Openoffice 4.1.3 but he
> Did not open.please how can i do it?

Re: hello

Robert Jackson-6
There are conversion sites online that will convert your pdf into doc, docx, odt etc format. Some want money

Regards
Bob Jackson

> On Aug 17, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there a special reason why you want to open it with Apache OpenOffice?
> You can't just open it with your PDF reader?
>
> If you want to edit it, since you obviously created the file in the first
> place, maybe with Apache OpenOffice, I suggest that you open the original
> file (ODT or whatever format you usually use), edit it, save it and export
> it as a new PDF.
>
> If you didn't keep the original file, remember to do that with documents
> you create in the future to avoid this problem. Today's disk drives are so
> big that you could store millions of text documents on them, so don't erase
> documents just to save space.
>
> And as always, do backups every day. I know, that's another issue, but it
> can't be pointed out enough…
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

>> Please i have a PDF file that i saved on my Desktop and i am trying to
>> open it with Openoffice 4.1.3 but he
>> Did not open.please how can i do it?

Re: hello

jonathon-3
On 08/16/2017 11:27 AM, hello, wrote:

> Please i have a PDF file that i saved on my Desktop and i am trying to open it with Openoffice 4.1.3 but he

Assuming you originally created with either OpenOffice.org, or one of
its immediate descendent, then:

* Open Apache Open Office;
* Start a new document;
* Open the PDF with a PDF reader;
* Select the entire text of the PDF;
* Copy it to the clipboard;
* Paste it in your new document;

With most PDF readers, the following usually works for cut and paste:
* CTRL A
* CTRL C
and in AOo
* CTRL V

Then walk through your document, adding the appropriate styles in the
appropriate places.

###

I don't remember if AOo has the ability to include the original ODF
document in the PDFor not. LibreOffice does offer that option.

jonathon