help for dictionary of synonyms in catalan

help for dictionary of synonyms in catalan

Vicenç Mengual
Pavel Janik has wrote me this e-mail in order to get the script "Parse_Thes.awk" for to transform .txt files to .dat and .idx files for to Openthesaurus. I have not a lot of knoweledges in computer's languages. Only I want to create the catalan dictionary of synonyms (thesaurus) and I need to know how to begin the work: structure of the words...
Any help in this sense will be welcome.
The catalan group of Openoffice (Softcatala) is interested in the project, but they have not time to begin this dictionary.
I wait your response. Thanks

Re: help for dictionary of synonyms in catalan

Daniel Naber-9
On Sonntag, 6. April 2008, Vicenç Mengual wrote:

> Pavel Janik has wrote me this e-mail in order to get the script
> "Parse_Thes.awk" for to transform .txt files to .dat and .idx files for
> to Openthesaurus.

The thesaurus format has changed from OpenOffice.org 1.x to 2.x,
Parse_Thes.awk is only useful for OOo 1.x I think.

Also, OpenThesaurus uses a relational database, it won't import .dat
and .idx files (but it will export them).

I don't know of (or remember) any text importer script for OpenThesaurus, I
suggest you go to www.openthesaurus.de and follow the links to the
different languages and ask those people if they still have the script
which they used to import their data.

Regards
 Daniel

--