help with decimal issues

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

help with decimal issues

Holistic Living
Hi,

I'm trying to do an invoice but when I add a zero after the .00 decimal
point and hit enter then the zero disappears! It does not do this in the
Total due box as you can see from the cut and past example below.

There is enough room in the box for the amount of digits entered so I do
not understand why it does this.

Last week I managed to correct this prior to printing but I have no idea
how I did it.

Please advise asap.  thanks

--
*Best wishes,*

Deborah Monshin



*TOTAL NET*

256.5

*VAT @ 20%*

51.3

*AMOUNT DUE*

*307.80*


<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with decimal issues

Johnny Rosenberg
2017-10-11 12:34 GMT+02:00 Holistic Living <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do an invoice but when I add a zero after the .00 decimal
> point and hit enter then the zero disappears!


Did you format that cell properly?


> It does not do this in the
> Total due box as you can see from the cut and past example below.
>
> There is enough room in the box for the amount of digits entered so I do
> not understand why it does this.
>

Room has not much to do with it. If the cell is formatted to show 1
decimal, it rounds the value to 1 decimal.


>
> Last week I managed to correct this prior to printing but I have no idea
> how I did it.
>

Maybe you set the cell format properly?


>
> Please advise asap.  thanks
>

Since I don't know exactly what you did and I don't have a clue about your
spreadsheet skills, I can only guess what you're doing wrong, so I'll just
say this:
What you see in a cell is a combination of what's actually in there and how
you format the cell. In your tool boxes there are tools for common formats,
such as currency, percent, date and number of decimals. You can control the
cell format in greater detail by right clicking a cell or cell range and
select ”Format cells”. If you do that and select the Number tab, there are
a lot of things to select from. You can even do your own number format by
selecting ”user defined” in the Category box and then enter your own format
in the format description field. If your cell contains the number
1234.56789 and your cell format is # ##0.0" km", then the cell will
display: 1 234.6 km.
The built in help describes this well, so take a look if you want.


Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg



>
> --
> *Best wishes,*
>
> Deborah Monshin
>
>
>
> *TOTAL NET*
>
> 256.5
>
> *VAT @ 20%*
>
> 51.3
>
> *AMOUNT DUE*
>
> *307.80*
>
>
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> Virus-free.
> www.avg.com
> <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&
> utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>
> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>