help with your program

Constantine
can you add select-all command in the right-click menu?
thanks

Re: help with your program

Martin Groenescheij

Sent from my mobile device.

> On 26 Jan 2019, at 12:00, Constantine <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> can you add select-all command in the right-click menu?
> thanks

This should be under the Edit menu. Otherwise use Control+A

Re: help with your program

Brian Barker-2
At 11:00 26/01/2019 +0000, Constantine Noname wrote:
>can you add select-all command in the right-click menu?

I realise that this doesn't answer your question, but Select All is
available at Edit | Select All, so it follows that it is also at
Alt+E,A. It is also at Ctrl+A. In addition, single click positions
the insertion point, double click selects a word, triple click
selects a sentence, and quadruple click selects a paragraph.
Unfortunately for you, that's as far as the technique goes.

Note that Select All (however achieved) in a section selects only
that section, and in a table cell selects only that cell. Repeating
the Select All process selects everything, so you may need to do it
twice, depending on the context.

You can customise menus and sub-menus at Tools | Customise... |
Menus, but there is no option there to modify "context" (right-click)
menus, so you cannot do this yourself.

Can I (or can we) add this? No, because we - on the Users list - are
only users, like you, not developers. You are right to float this
idea here on the Users list first, as fellow users my be able to
offer advice and opinions; you may discover if there is general
support for the idea. But if you want to register your idea as an
enhancement, you need to do so at the web site (at the same place as
you report bugs). See
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue ,
http://www.openoffice.org/qa/issue_handling/basic_rules.html , and
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/ .